The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Bachmann MINIPLANES Late 1960's early 70's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: Bachmann MINIPLANES Late 1960's early 70's    Sun Feb 19 2017, 13:36

Having a few days off I was under the basement steps again cleaning things out and there was the old kit box with all those Bachmann brothers planes I collected in the late 60's early 70's and some 144 kits I built.    I'm surprised they held up as well as they did since they were in attics for most of the last 35+ years.   In one of the boxes on the back of a sky background was a official Bachman list of everything they made at least up to that time. Oddly there were a few gaps as you can see.   I have some that are in need of repairs and  about a dozen duplicates.  I am using the Zeroes  in a diorama.    The built 1/144 are mostly Japanese and there are a few metal Jets at the other end of the table acquired along the way.    It was quite the airforce.  Most of the price tags were 59 cents.  

Several shots of the bomb carrying Kamikaze variant undersides. Not sure of the number as I don't see to have its box. But as you can see the profile is pretty good.

Each box had a data card. A nice little extra but I never cut my boxes up.

Last edited by Kyushu J7W on Sun Feb 19 2017, 20:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.reocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Runway/9601/
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Bachmann MINIPLANES Late 1960's early 70's    Sun Feb 19 2017, 14:18

Cool collection and great pics. You have many of them represented there. They were tough little models, many with working landing gear and Bombay doors.

My Dad bought these for me when he was away on business trips. I had maybe two dozen. They all disappeared at some point. I have bought a number of the most memorable planes I had since then. I have about ten of them in the original boxes now.

They were very nice models. Usually well painted and marked. I think the JU-88 was the one I liked the most.

Tom

Bachmann MINIPLANES Late 1960's early 70's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1