The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kyushu J7W checking in

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: Kyushu J7W checking in    Sun Feb 19 2017, 21:10

Wow Allan, you worked fast and put in a lot of hours. Thank you.

Place looks great. Responding is easy. Copying over our work, though a bit time consuming is very easy as well. I just opened two tabs and its an easy and quick responding copy and paste. Thanks for setting up the Carousel One and Special Projects tabs so quickly.

I've gotten a shot of enthusiasm again for the hobby looking at all our old posts and appreciate that a lot of the research and effort will not be lost.

Regards

Ken

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kyushu J7W checking in    Tue Feb 21 2017, 07:40

Hi Ken,

Thank you. It was a lot of work, but I feel the effort was worth it. I like the new format and all the new tools. Like anything new, it takes a bit of getting used to.

I agree that looking at all my old threads and those of our members brings back memories and reignites the collecting juices. We can't save everything from the old host, but the more we save the better. I hope to start posting comments to everyone's threads once I've finished moving my own threads.

We have to go through a short period of unrest before things settle down and go back to some semblance of normal. As they say, "Time heals all wounds." Like a kidney stone, this crisis too will pass.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Kyushu J7W checking in    Sat Feb 25 2017, 08:57

Another one of the squadron returns to the new base!

I have resisted copying over stuff. I guess I am kind of lazy. It is a great idea though. Taking the idea we started before with "members collections" I was thinking of starting a thread with one entry that has pictures of the planes I have built since I started here. I would just re-edit the same entry until I have all my models placed there. Kind of a member gallery.

I don't know much about software, but some forums have seperate "member's galleries" where each member can have a gallery with just their own photos. The other members could look at past models and leave comments.

So much to save. I think the old site is dead now, but the photo server is still up. I have not looked into retrieving my past photos from there.

Tom

Kyushu J7W checking in
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1