The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Anyone have a spare canopy for a Northrop N-3 PB?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Propwash

PostSubject: Anyone have a spare canopy for a Northrop N-3 PB?   Sun Feb 19 2017, 23:02

I am in need of a canopy for the rotten model I am trying to complete (foreshadowing a future HOS entry). I am trying to complete a 1/72 MPM model of a Northrop N-3 PB floatplane. It has been a great challenge and I have overcome all the badly shaped and molded parts until now. The awful vacuum-formed canopy, of which they only provide one, is unusable after it shattered during cutting / fitting, and then became a gluey mess when I tried to MAKE it fit onto the fuselage. It needs a long canopy (see pic):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Northrop_N-3PB_in_flight.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I've wasted a week on this little piece of work frustrated .
Back to top Go down

Anyone have a spare canopy for a Northrop N-3 PB?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1