The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rumpler

PostSubject: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Mon Feb 20 2017, 01:25

I am going to repost some of the models that I enjoyed building. This is the 1/32 Wingnuts Hansa Brandenburg W12. It was the usual long , tedious build, not difficult but long. The only part that gave trouble was the grey paint. It has alternating strips of gloss and matt but this did not show up very well. I had several attempts at putting up the photos so this attempt I inserted the photos first and then the text. Seems the problem is the delay on the photos appearing and I thought nothing was happening and then pressed the button again. Will get it right with a bit of practice. I am having a lot of trouble with my hands and I am building tanks at the moments because mistakes can be covered with mud. I will be a bit slow with the aircraft. I must give a large thank you to Allan for the effort he has put into providing this new forum. John.
Back to top Go down
DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Mon Feb 20 2017, 04:24

That's a great build and I love the detail. The figures are very unusual, is that a camera on the tripod? I assume the buildings and other bits and pieces are all separate builds?
Back to top Go down
rumpler

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Mon Feb 20 2017, 06:21

Thanks for the comment, that is a telescope. The hanger and adjoining parts are a one piece owned by my son. A friend of his makes them. My son is a toy soldier collector and we use my aircraft and his soldiers for dioramas. The soldiers are way beyond my price range. I like the Wingnuts models but I have one left and that will be the last for a number of reasons. There would not be much change left from A$200 to buy, ship in and build that Hansa.
Back to top Go down
DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Mon Feb 20 2017, 08:01

A great father/son combo. Good stuff

Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Thu Mar 09 2017, 20:08

Most impressive John.

Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Fri Mar 10 2017, 00:10

I'm quite happy to see you here Rumpler. I really enjoy the models and dioramas that you build and post. Wonderful work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Fri Mar 10 2017, 06:10

Propwash wrote:
I'm quite happy to see you here Rumpler. I really enjoy the models and dioramas that you build and post. Wonderful work. Very Happy

I'll second that thought!  Feel free to repost your builds rumpler.  They were fantastic the first time, and losing them when the old forum disappeared was a GREAT LOSS!

Your son's dioramas and figures are just wonderful to behold.  Again, a loss we need rectified.

Having just built your W12's successor in 72nd scale, it is great to see this build.  Boy, you can really see the family resemblance between the W12 and the W29.

pmmaker

Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Fri Mar 10 2017, 12:16

I failed to comment on the rudder positioning in PMMs posting of his W29 build (I as intrigued by the lack of rigging). But why do you suppose they would place the rudder on the underside of the floatplane? I can see it giving a better field of fire to a rear gunner (or better view for an observer), but wouldn't water start to play havoc on the fabric, wood, and control wires after a short time? Or did they just do extensive maintenance on them? scratch
Back to top Go down
MikeD

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Sat Mar 11 2017, 12:08

Great build Rumpler! There's a lot of talent here on this forum!
Back to top Go down
rumpler

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Mon Mar 13 2017, 23:21

Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated. Very impressed with that W29 from Propwash. Having a bit of a rough time at the moment so a bit slow answering but I am reading all your posts and there seems to be a new life in the forum and hope to be able to post when I can. I have retrieved a few old posts and will add them to the forum plus a few tank posts. Thanks Allan for the tank section as I joined one of the big tank forums and realized I was out of my depth and did not post anything. Hope to be able to learn at my own pace amongst friends as per the aircraft side of it. I had set aside a day to retrieve as much as I could from the old forum but forgot it was February so the day I picked was the first of March. Came as a shock. Only 28 days in February. My son has a lot of photos on his PC so might get something from him. John.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12   Tue Mar 14 2017, 09:57

rumpler wrote:
Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated. Very impressed with that W29 from Propwash. Having a bit of a rough time at the moment so a bit slow answering but I am reading all your posts and there seems to be a new life in the forum and hope to be able to post when I can. I have retrieved a few old posts and will add them to the forum plus a few tank posts. Thanks Allan for the tank section as I joined one of the big tank forums and realized I was out of my depth and did not post anything. Hope to be able to learn at my own pace amongst friends as per the aircraft side of it. I had set aside a day to retrieve as much as I could from the old forum but forgot it was February so the day I picked was the first of March. Came as a shock. Only 28 days in February. My son has a lot of photos on his PC so might get something from him.  John.

John,

Thank you for being open and willing to post here.  We know that sometimes it is very hard for you to do.  We welcome and treasure your contributions whenever you are able to make them.  This is definitely a "no pressure" forum.  Chime in whenever you can.

I too lament the loss of so many insightful and informative threads and posts from the old forum.  It was a sad loss to lose so much.  But as with much of life, from every hardship and set-back, some good can be found.  The loss of the old forum led me to create this forum.  I was now able to rectify some areas that I felt were short-comings on the old forum.  One was the ability to "open" things up a bit and go "outside" the scope of the old forum.  Jets, armor, and ships are now areas we can discuss.  Rather than being solely a "die-cast" airplane forum or just a"warbird" forum, we can be called a "hobbyist" forum where ALL the facets of our hobby can be shared and discussed.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com

Wingnuts Hansa-Brandenburg W12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1