The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Albatros DIII in 1:48 by GLENCOE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Albatros DIII in 1:48 by GLENCOE   Mon Feb 20 2017, 08:00

[NOTE - COPIED FROM THE TMWCF - Originally posted by Mike Marra]

Pair of Fokker Albatros DIII's in 1:48 by GLENCOE

-Well, you get what you pay for!

-I was able to acquire a pair of these models for around $5 each...no wonder - what an awful kit to assemble!

-PMMaker drafted an excellent narrative on all the kit's shortcomings so I won't go into that again, but suffice it to say this kit should be pulled from all shelves (it's discontinued, but if it wasn't it should never be sold again!).

-It was dreadful to put together - nothing fit and the directions were terrible to downright misleading.

-Let's put it this way....I purchased this kit "open" and chock full of wonderful lozenge patter decals, but the model was of such poor quality I did not want to waste them!

-So, here is a lot of "lipstick on the pig" to try to mask the poor fit and quality of this model. To make it worse, I bought TWO of them from the same guy who was probably glad to be rid of them. I would feel sorry for anyone who selected THIS model as their first - they would never attempt another!

-So, here are the twin Albatross DIII's! I took some liberties with paint schemes to mask the huge gaps and seams in this model type...forgive me!

-Behold: good from far, but far from good! Better luck next time with GLENCOE, a usually far better model producer than this example!

Here is the result....after many painful hours of slapping this together and painting over the many flaws!

Regards, Mike

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com

Albatros DIII in 1:48 by GLENCOE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1