The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Classic Airframes Mitsubishi A5M4 Claude

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Classic Airframes Mitsubishi A5M4 Claude   Mon Feb 20 2017, 09:22

[NOTE - COPIED FROM THE TMWCF - Originally posted by Mike Marra]

Classic Airframes Mitsubishi A5M4 Claude 1:48 Scale Plastic Model Kit

-Well, this one HAD a lot of promise up front...from the great box art to the elite name brand and somewhat unusual airplane, I was REALLY looking forward to this one and even SAVED it to do over the Christmas Holidays.

-Bottom Line Up Front: A big letdown in terms of parts that actually fit, really BAD resin parts that did not fit or hold together or even come off the sprue cleanly, and a complete cockpit that did not fit in the fuselage after being constructed (not even close).

-The engine and prop pieces simply did not fit and were poorly designed. Frustrating.

-RUN, don't walk away from this model.  I am deeply disappointed in "Classic Airframe" models AFTER this experience. The ONLY thing "classic" or epic is the price...other than that, PASS.

-OK, the decals PROMISED to be good and they were "ok" but not the quality you would expect from a high-$$$ model like this.

-I did the best I could with it, but some flaws are will be very obvious to you.  While I am not at the level of most folks on this site, I have now completed a few models so I have a range of experience...this one was bad.  Again, I may never buy a Classic Airframe model again.

-View it and weep...

Mike

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com

Classic Airframes Mitsubishi A5M4 Claude
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1