The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Glencoe Models 1:48 De Havilland Venom FB.4 - Plastic Model

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Glencoe Models 1:48 De Havilland Venom FB.4 - Plastic Model   Mon Feb 20 2017, 09:36

[NOTE - COPIED FROM THE TMWCF - Originally posted by Mike Marra]

Glencoe Models 1:48 De Havilland Venom FB.4 - Plastic Model Kit #05107

Greetings Gents,

-Does the term "dumpster fire" conjure up images of something completely horrible?

-Well, that is where I am with a nasty little kit from our good friends at the Glencoe factory!

-Yep, they DID IT AGAIN, this time with the 1:48 De Havilland Venom FB.4!

-Gents, I do not even have this model half finished yet, and I almost tossed it into the trash a few times!  This is WORSE than the Glencoe disaster with the Albatrosses I posted here some time ago!

-OK, where do I start?

1. Crappy, non-existent directions.

2. Incomplete parts or the WRONG parts! For example, I received NO starboard right underside wing! A sealed kit missing a wing?!  They did give two top halves, so I am improvising - with a NEW kit!

3. Absolutely no cockpit - nothing - no seat, instrument panel, flooring, pilot, nothing.

4. Canopy looks like a piece of broken glass off a beer bottle.

5. Huge gaps in parts! The starboard boom simply "runs out" near the main gear - enter a whole lotta' putty!

6. The entire model is the WRONG SIZE for 1/48 scale!  It is somewhere BETWEEN 1:48 and 1:72 but clearly NOT as advertised.

7. Wrong/incomplete armament/ordnance.

8. Entire model, almost every part, needs sanding.

9. None of the wing, fuselage or boom halves go together without cutting, sanding and holding together with vice grips.

10. Panels between the fuselage and wings do not line up at all  - this looks like an aircraft designed by "Mad Max" out of refuse.

I will stop at 10, but could keep going...this wonderful design did not DESERVE to be slandered by Glencoe.  It is a real shame, as I am a fan of this aircraft and this kit does it NO JUSTICE. Deeply disappointed!

RUN, don't walk, from Glencoe models.  Again, think "dumpster fire" and look the other way - it is not worth the aggravation, my friends.

I will finish this model OUT OF SPITE and display it here in due time...

Sadly, Mike in Carlisle

(I want my money back!)

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com

Glencoe Models 1:48 De Havilland Venom FB.4 - Plastic Model
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1