The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BLUE MAX 1/48 Pfalz XII - AVOID!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: BLUE MAX 1/48 Pfalz XII - AVOID!   Mon Feb 20 2017, 09:52

[NOTE - COPIED FROM THE TMWCF - Originally posted by Mike Marra]

BLUE MAX 1/48 Pfalz XII

Greetings Gents!

-Behold, another festering dung heap made to look presentable with smoke and mirrors!

-What MORE can I say about BLUE MAX kits? They are horrible little beasts. The best part is the box cover....and then it goes downhill....fast.

-Here it is, "warts and all," in the best I could do with such a poor fitting kit. Literally every part needed to be sanded, cut, filled, or forced into place. The metal parts were not helpful at all, no crew, no real directions, and just an overall sloppy-molded kit.

-Comes with a nice cockpit, BUT IF YOU DO IT, THE PARTS WILL NOT FIT INTO THE FUSELAGE! GRRR!

-No pilot.

-Very poor directions.

-Landing gear not at all designed or produced to go together - total mess needing re-engineering on the builder's part.

-Decals ok, but nothing special - had to add a lot of my own.

-Metal engine parts did not fit at all and were a hassle to work with.

-NONE of the struts lined up or were the right length - none.  All had to be modified.

-This IS my third and LAST BLUE MAX kits...just not worth the trouble! Will post the other JUNKERS here in due time - that one is a mess as well.

-I did manage to put some "lipstick on the pig" here and dress it up a bit with lozenge pattern cammo and some good decals. Overall, I would most certainly NOT recommend this model.

-Behold, the late-war Pfalz XII! STAY AWAY if you know what's good for you, or, if you are a highly experienced modeler who loves the challenge of "rehab" and of paying too much for an odd assorted collection of parts that "somewhat" fit together after a lot of glue, putty, and masking of design and production flaws.

Mike

[img]http://s10.postimg.org/6eww0p74l/image.jpg[/img[/color]]

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com

BLUE MAX 1/48 Pfalz XII - AVOID!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1