The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

K&B (Aurora) 1/48 Pfalz D.III

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pmmaker

PostSubject: K&B (Aurora) 1/48 Pfalz D.III    Mon Feb 20 2017, 11:33

I got this one as a result of a mistake by an eBay seller who sent me the wrong item. We worked something out and I got a nice, easy model to build.

Construction was straight forward. The only issue I encountered was in joining the upper wing to the lower wing and cabane struts. When I glued the upper wing to the cabane struts I found that the outer wing struts did not reach up to the upper wing. I didn't want to bend the wings so I found a simpler fix. I had some left over photo-etched parts from a previous build so I cut some strips of photo-etched framing and glued these tiny pieces to extend the struts. Now they look like strut bracing and provide extra support between the struts and the upper wing.

Painting was done using Krylon acrylic spray. The 44 year old decals worked out okay. I used thin wire cut to size and glued in place for the rigging.

Black & White images:

pmmaker

K&B (Aurora) 1/48 Pfalz D.III
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1