The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Testors 1/48 Nieuport 17 Russian Air Service 1917

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pmmaker

PostSubject: Testors 1/48 Nieuport 17 Russian Air Service 1917   Mon Feb 20 2017, 15:22

Manufacturer: Testors

Model: Nieuport Type 17 C.1, 19th Corps Detachment, Imperial Russian Air Service, 1917, Serial # and pilot unknown

Scale: 1:48th

Decals / Markings: AeroMaster Silver Hawks Part II 48-521

Modeler’s Notes:

1) A nice, simple kit that goes together quickly and easily. No filing was done and only light sanding as the gaps are extremely tight. Wing alignment is fairly straightforward. Extra cockpit detailing other than a pilot is not included. All rigging is done using 0.15mm music wire cut to size and glued using white tacky glue.

2) The markings come from an outside decal sheet. These markings represent a Nieuport Type 17 C.1 from the 19th Corps Detachment, Imperial Russian Air Service, 1917. The serial # and pilot are unknown. The 19th Corps Detachment was known as the “Death or Glory” Squadron, which accounts for the traditional skull and cross bones tail insignia. The Cyrillic letters “Bob”, which translates to “Bean”, appeared on both sides of the fuselage. The gold and black striped pennants are linked to the colors of the Order of Saint George. The outer wheel covers were decorated in a black and white ying-yang design.

Paints: Tamiya acrylic flat aluminum, silver, deck brown, dark gray, Testors Dullcote

Pictures:

Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: Re: Testors 1/48 Nieuport 17 Russian Air Service 1917   Wed Feb 22 2017, 17:35

I don't remember seeing this one on the other site. A beautiful WWI build and nice display. I like that you rig them as well.

Captain Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Testors 1/48 Nieuport 17 Russian Air Service 1917   Wed Feb 22 2017, 18:28

Great looking model, Pmmaker.....WELL DONE!
Back to top Go down

Testors 1/48 Nieuport 17 Russian Air Service 1917
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1