The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Forces of Valor 1/72 P-51 Mustang in new colors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pmmaker

PostSubject: The Forces of Valor 1/72 P-51 Mustang in new colors   Sat Feb 18 2017, 15:25

Quite a while back, the Forces of Valor P-51D Mustang was available at Target stores for around $15.00. At the time, I was heavily into buying die-cast models so I went to my local Target and picked up a few (four actually). I didn't like the markings they came in, so I decided to rework them into something a bit more to my liking.

To modify the base models, I did several modifications:

1) I removed the canopies and repainted the interiors zinc chromate green. I also repainted each pilot and the equipment bay radios.

2) I stripped off ALL the FoV applied markings. At the time, the paint FoV used easily flaked off. Rather than having this become an issue, I sanded off all the paint and repainted the plane (where appropriate) the anti-glare panels and all the unit markings as specified by my aftermarket sheet.

3) Once done, engine and gun exhaust staining was applied using Tamiya pastels.

As a result, I have four very unique die-cast planes in my 1/72nd WWII collection:

Plane #1

P-51D-10-NA, 41-4803, Jasper's Joker II, Lt. Donald Vulgamore, 361st F.G.

pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: The Forces of Valor 1/72 P-51 Mustang in new colors   Sat Feb 18 2017, 15:34

Plane #2

P-51D-15-NA 44-15076, Betty Lee III, 361st F.G.

Plane #3

P-51D-10-NA 44-14117, Stinky, Lt. Joseph Meiaski, 369th FS, 359th FG

Plane #4:

P-51D-5-NA, 44-13380, Hoo Flung Dung/City of Paris, Major Robert McWherter, C.O., 382nd FS, 363rd FG

pmmaker

TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: The Forces of Valor 1/72 P-51 Mustang in new colors   Sat Feb 18 2017, 20:28

You mean these are not factory painted models? Lol. Excellent work. I love all of them. Something tells me you like P-51s! Great documentation and execution on the models.

Tom

PostSubject: Re: The Forces of Valor 1/72 P-51 Mustang in new colors   Fri May 19 2017, 13:17

lovely mustangs! Nice code 3 work, particularly on Betty Lee and Jasper Joker. Yellow seems like the most challenging color to work with. I do remember going to Target and seeing the Forces of Valor releases, and i liked them and especially as inexpensive as they were. There were tons of Stukas, zeroes, and Pearl Harbor P-40's, and Hurricanes.
Back to top Go down

The Forces of Valor 1/72 P-51 Mustang in new colors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1