The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Revell Vickers Wellington Mk. X/XIV: Completed Build

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pmmaker

PostSubject: Revell Vickers Wellington Mk. X/XIV: Completed Build   Mon Feb 20 2017, 15:41

My contribution to the plastic kit Wimpy mania on our forum is this re-issued kit by Revell.

Originally this was the old Matchbox kit which has since been repackaged and released in several versions throughout the mold's long life.

This kit comes with two sets of markings. The first is for a Mk. X of the South East Asia Command. It features the standard dark green / dark earth over black scheme. It comes with some rather funky looking roundels of dark blue with a very bright sky blue center.

The second set of decals is for a Mk. XIV maritime patrol aircraft of the Royal Australian Air Force. It has the standard British roundels, but the scheme is very similar to a U.K. Coastal Command scheme of all white with sea green / slate gray camouflage pattern.

This scheme is the one I really am interested in doing now.

pmmaker

pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Revell Vickers Wellington Mk. X/XIV: Completed Build   Mon Feb 20 2017, 15:41

The final results are in. As with ALL builds, there are small errors and inaccuracies, but the overall effect is pretty much what I wanted it to be.

No Mike, there are no crew included in this one as I detailed the cockpit. I plan on using them for the next Wellington I will be building in the near future.

Enjoy the pictures!

pmmaker

Revell Vickers Wellington Mk. X/XIV: Completed Build
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1