The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

21st Century Toys 1/48 Ki-61 Hein

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pmmaker

PostSubject: 21st Century Toys 1/48 Ki-61 Hein   Tue Feb 21 2017, 08:58

Bought this one off eBay a while back and I've since sold it off on eBay. I remember when you could buy these at Target and Walmart for a 10 spot. Too bad these are now getting rare and rather expensive in this scale.

I love this scheme for the Tony. The green is over sprayed onto the base silver coat. The white national defense blocks underneath the red roundels are also irregularly sprayed with green. The red tail is nicely painted a deep crimson red and the paint is thin enough to let the panel lines and control surface details to show.

These models don't come with any pilots, but I was able to pick up a Marushin Army pilot and after prying off the canopy carefully, added him in.

Not a bad model for my growing 48th scale WWII collection.

21st Century Toys 1/48 Ki-61 Hein
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1