The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

21st Century 48th scale P-40N, 7th FS 49FG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pmmaker

PostSubject: 21st Century 48th scale P-40N, 7th FS 49FG   Tue Feb 21 2017, 08:59

[size=15]Added this one a while ago and have since sold it off on eBay.  I just love the lines of the P-40N with the longer fuselage and the "cut-down" rear decking in the cockpit.  So happy HM is finally going to make one in a scale I like to collect.

When I saw this one on eBay for sale, at the time I just had to get it!  I remembered that I had seen a color profile in one of my "In Action" books.  Based on that plate painting, I can say that 21st Century did a very good job with the colors and markings:

The only modifications I made to the original model was to extend the white tail markings a bit further to the front on the plane's underside and added the wiring.  I also weathered the exhaust and wings a bit to make the plane look a bit used.  The model has no pilot figure.  I chose to leave the cockpit alone to better see the interior detailing.  

Overall a very nice P-40N in 48th scale.

Some close-ups to show the finer details:

Last edited by pmmaker on Mon Feb 27 2017, 05:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeD

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century 48th scale P-40N, 7th FS 49FG   Sun Feb 26 2017, 20:20

Wow that is nice! Always loved the P-40! Love the weathering pmmaker, great job.
Back to top Go down
Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century 48th scale P-40N, 7th FS 49FG   Sun Feb 26 2017, 20:24

21st Century made some great looking models. This one is no exception. It seems that these could come back as collectors get priced out of the die cast markets.

21st Century 48th scale P-40N, 7th FS 49FG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1