The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

HM HA7735 P-51D Mustang "Glamorous Glenn III"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
daveyator

PostSubject: HM HA7735 P-51D Mustang "Glamorous Glenn III"   Tue Feb 21 2017, 10:58

Here are some pictures of mine. This fighter looks almost too good. It could use a Code 3 treatment. I really love how spinner checkerboard pattern came out on this. My only gripe is I can't open the canopy for fear of snapping it off. The area where the machine guns are looks odd somehow...is that how they are? Finally the HM blunder of not being consistent on the left and right rudder. The numbers are black on the red and yellow on the silver on the right side of the rudder which is opposite of the left and wrong. Surprising for the normally detailed oriented HM. Does anyone know if there was a Glamours Glenn 1 or 2?

I know questions questions. Finally what are these lights for?

Anyway a really cool Mustang if you can look past that serial number paint error on the rudder's right side.
Charles “Chuck” Yeager was assigned to the 363rd FS, 357th FG “The Yoxford Boys”. During
WWII he is credited with 11.5 victories, most of which came in P-51D 44-14888
"Glamorous Glenn III". On October 12, 1944 Yeager became an Ace In A Day downing 5
Me-109’s. On November 6, 1944 Yeager used 1,083 .50 cal MG rounds to damage 2 Me-262’s
and destroy a third. On November 27, 1944 he destroyed 3 Bf-109’s. When Chuck Yeager
returned to the U.S.A. 44-14888 became “Melody’s Answer” and was destroyed on
March 2, 1945.

HM HA7735 P-51D Mustang "Glamorous Glenn III"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1