The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS & GUESTS! The Model Aircraft Collector Forum will be permanently shut down effective October 31st.

Share | 

Marushin #S001 A6M5 Zero Oita NAS 1943

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
daveyator

PostSubject: Marushin #S001 A6M5 Zero Oita NAS 1943   Tue Feb 21 2017, 11:32

My Zero finally arrived from Japan. Whoever said Marushin models are heavy and mostly metal wasn't kidding. Not hard to put together bit a few quirks like they all have. You have to screw the wings on along with the drop tank but the tank stays loose. Not sure if intended but thats how it is. There are 2 trim pieces that lessen it some. The tank itself had a few marks on it. Also the edges of the horizontal stabilizers were worn and hard to fit in. Actually had more wheel well details than i expected based on what I had read about Marushin. Its still very cool having a model diecast Zero from Japan.

Now for what think is a very cool "extra". The Japanese newspaper used to pack my model happened to have tributes and apparent comments surrounding Pearl Harbor. I'm thinking this newspaper was dated around December of this year. I tried to take a few pics of what I think is an interesting coincidence.

Marushin #S001 A6M5 Zero Oita NAS 1943
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1