The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

"What's in you stash pile?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pmmaker

PostSubject: "What's in you stash pile?"   Tue Feb 21 2017, 12:54

Those of us who like to buy and build plastic kits know only too well that invariably a "stash" pile will form.  There's no way around it - it's certainly going to happen no matter how hard you try to prevent it.

So the topic of this discussion is not "do you have one?" (we know you do), nor "how big is your stash pile?" (no one will ever admit they have a problem), but rather, "what interesting models do you have in it?"

My stash has four kits that I absolutely treasure: the 1/48th scale Dragon DML WWI fighters.

I looked quite long and hard to collect these for the best price possible and for some reason, I just can't bring myself to open the boxes to build them.

My other "treasured" kit is one that has long been my "holy grail", the 1/72nd scale Matchbox B-17 G.

I finally found this kit last year and I hope to build it sometime in the next couple of years.

So, "What's in your stash pile?"

pmmaker

Propwash

PostSubject: Re: "What's in you stash pile?"   Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:02

I'm in the middle of changing displays and making an Ebay pile. But I saw this and thought I would add to the thread (much as I add to my stash pile). Here's what I have lurking in the model stash.

Lots of "big" stuff that I have no idea what I will do with when I build them.
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: "What's in you stash pile?"   Sat Feb 25 2017, 09:01

I'm partial to your Revell Condor and your Japanese "Peggy". But then again I'm forced to repeat your question; "Where do I put them?"

I've got several models that I've built and shared on here that are now on a stack of boxes in my porch because I've got nowhere to display them. Some others are stored in boxes. It seems a shame to me to build a beautiful kit to a high standard only to have to risk damaging it by putting it in a box due to a lack of display space.

This is another reason why I need to curtail my kit and die-cast buying. No more display space and no likelihood of getting more.

pmmaker

Propwash

PostSubject: Re: "What's in you stash pile?"   Sat Feb 25 2017, 23:55

I know! PMM, the forum has been both a source of great fun (model building / collecting) and many headaches (where to put everything). I am almost at critical mass as far as storage and my dear spouse is starting to give me and my office the ol' side-eye. affraid I have to point the finger of blame at someone and, since this is your web site, it might as well be you. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: "What's in you stash pile?"   Wed Mar 08 2017, 09:43

Mrs Migrant bought me these two for Christmas (how can you tell..?), choosing from a wishlist I gave her Smile Both very nice kits.

They'll probably both end up in Condor Legion markings.

Last edited by Migrant on Tue Jul 18 2017, 10:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: "What's in you stash pile?"   Thu Mar 09 2017, 02:22

Love the slippers! Those two kits are pretty neat too Mike! Look forward to seeing them done - you'll really do justice to those for sure!

pmmaker

"What's in you stash pile?"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1