The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

HM HA8451 P-47D Razorback, Lt F. Klibbe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
daveyator

PostSubject: HM HA8451 P-47D Razorback, Lt F. Klibbe   Tue Feb 21 2017, 17:07

Here is mine. I had a heck of a time getting the bomb pylon inserted into the wing. The one slot on mine was way to small. On this one two the bombs are labeled L and R so beware. The landing gear fit awfully tight on this and was hard to seat all the way in.

The 56th FG received their P-47s in June 1942 and 6 months later went to England. Over the
next two years the 56th FG became the 8th AF’s highest scoring air-to-air combat group with
665.5 victories. 1st Lt. Frank Klibbe, with the 61st FS accumulated 7 victories with the final two
coming on May 8, 1944. Klibbe flew 63 missions and was assigned three different P-47s with two
of them wearing the nose art “Little Chief”. 42-76179 was his third P-47 and used to score four of
his seven victories.

Last edited by daveyator on Mon Feb 27 2017, 20:55; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: Re: HM HA8451 P-47D Razorback, Lt F. Klibbe   Tue Feb 21 2017, 21:19

HM did a great job with their Razorback P-47. This one looks really good, art and detail, nice add to your collection.

DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: HM HA8451 P-47D Razorback, Lt F. Klibbe   Wed Feb 22 2017, 03:37

I was very tempted to get that one a while back but by the time I had decided to press the button they had all gone. I have a bubble top which is very impressive but like to add a razorback some time.
Back to top Go down

HM HA8451 P-47D Razorback, Lt F. Klibbe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Model Aircraft Collector Forum :: Die-cast Models :: Hobby Master / SkyMax Die-cast Models :: WWII-
Jump to: