The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Corgi AA39701 1 Sqdn Hurricane NF

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DCRanger

PostSubject: Corgi AA39701 1 Sqdn Hurricane NF   Tue Feb 21 2017, 17:28

First posted Mon Aug 13, 2012

This arrived today and yes it has all the faults already mentioned in other threads but it's not as bad as I expected. Having said that, I'm glad I paid £19 rather than the price it was on release. I'll start with the infamous tail joint and there is no denying the problem but I don't think it is quite as bad as some photo's indicate.

The gap is isn't as bad as the earlier Hurricanes as can be seen below, the real problem is that it is in the wrong place. Had it been placed under the elevator I think it might have been seen as an improvement.:unsure:

Notice too that the fin flash is oversized and should not extend over the rudder. The fabric covering on the rear fuselage isn't as subtle as the earlier casting but better than the Hart.

There are other problems. The finish is in most places a nice sooty finish typical of aircraft of the period but in places particularly in the cockpit and engine area it has a sheen. This might be due to handling during packaging and if so further care is needed when moving the model about. (Note to self, just because the model is straight out of the box it still needs to be dusted.)

The roundels are a tad light in colour but not Day Glow Defiant.

The radio mast is mis shaped and on my example at least slopes back instead of being upright. I have tried to straighten it but didn't want to break it off.

In this last shot the landing lights don't look too bad but in the cabinet the silver back colour really stands out. (See earlier photo above.) It would be nice if for future releases if Interior Green replaced the silver which I think they have done on the latest Defiant. Quite photogenic though and despite all the faults I rather like it.

Back to top Go down
DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: Corgi AA39701 1 Sqdn Hurricane NF   Tue Feb 21 2017, 17:29

A play time shot.

Back to top Go down

Corgi AA39701 1 Sqdn Hurricane NF
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1