The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heller 1:72 Nieuport-Delage Ni-D 622

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Propwash

PostSubject: Heller 1:72 Nieuport-Delage Ni-D 622   Sat Feb 25 2017, 01:42

It has been a long time since I have done a kit from Heller so I thought this would be a good one to try out. This kit, which is several years old (I could not find an issue date), depicts a French Air Force Nieuport-Delage Ni-D 622 sesquiplane fighter from the early 1930s. Many were used by both the French Air Force and Navy, while several were sent to the Peruvian Air Force (of all things!). It was armed with two .30 caliber machine guns firing from in front of the pilot. It had a top speed of approx. 170 mph. None have survived to the present.

I think the aircraft is a nice design for the period. However, the "kneecap" radiators certainly detract from its overall appearance. The kit itself was an easy build. The plastic is of good quality and required little in the way of cleaning-off flash. The decals allow you to complete the livery of either 6 Escadrille 34 (which is what I did) or 4 Escadrille 32 in the Armee de L'Air. The decals were the only problem in that they were so thin and brittle they broke with the slightest touch or movement. I had to repaint many of them for that reason. Otherwise this was a fun build.

Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1:72 Nieuport-Delage Ni-D 622   Wed Mar 08 2017, 09:06

The French really did produce some quirky aircraft, which makes them great model subjects IMO. Really nice rendition of the old Heller kit.

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1:72 Nieuport-Delage Ni-D 622   Wed Mar 08 2017, 13:11

An interesting subject, PW. believe that some of these also saw service with the Republican forces in the Spanish Civil War.
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1:72 Nieuport-Delage Ni-D 622   Thu Mar 09 2017, 00:17

Thank you both for your comments. I love French aircraft exactly for the reason you cite Migrant, they are "quirky."

Ed: I didn't know that they may have been in the Spanish Civil War. If you can scrape-up decals that would make a nice addition to such a collection (like you have).
Back to top Go down
Hilarion Lefuneste

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1:72 Nieuport-Delage Ni-D 622   Thu Apr 27 2017, 22:26

Propwash wrote:
Thank you both for your comments. I love French aircraft exactly for the reason you cite Migrant, they are "quirky."

Ed: I didn't know that they may have been in the Spanish Civil War. If you can scrape-up decals that would make a nice addition to such a collection (like you have).

Hi, there... Nope ; no "622" in Spain ; they had and built under licence an earlier type, the NiD 52 quite different and not doable with this model...
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1:72 Nieuport-Delage Ni-D 622   Fri Apr 28 2017, 01:29

Hilarion Lefuneste wrote:
Propwash wrote:

Hi, there... Nope ; no "622" in Spain ; they had and built under licence an earlier type, the NiD 52 quite different and not doable with this model...

Hi Hilarion and thanks for commenting. I had to look up a NiD 52 after reading your post. I think with just a quick glance at the plane you could think of it as a 622. But if you really start looking you can pick out the differences (the radiator location being the most obvious). So I may not get to add a 622 to my small Spanish Civil War (SCW) display, but an NiD 52 would be most welcome. Very Happy Thanks again!
Back to top Go down

Heller 1:72 Nieuport-Delage Ni-D 622
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
The Model Aircraft Collector Forum :: Plastic Kits & Builds :: Airfix / Heller-