The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Smer 1/72: Amiot 143 ( French Air Force in early WWII)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Propwash

PostSubject: Smer 1/72: Amiot 143 ( French Air Force in early WWII)   Sun Feb 26 2017, 00:48

This weirdly cool WWII French bomber was my introduction to building model kits from Smer. The Amiot 143 reconnaissance bomber was designed in the early 1930s as a heavier version of the Amiot 140. It certainly looks like the designers attached wings (which were so thick that crewmen could access the engines via a tunnel from the inside) to a trolley car owing to the large cabin windows. Because they were obsolete at the outbreak of WWII, they saw limited use in the early stages of the Battle of France.

I believe the Smer kit is a reissue of a similar kit from Heller. I was pleased that there was little flash to clean from the parts which was made of (not horribly) soft plastic. The instructions were, for the most part, well done. As always seems to be the case with Eastern European kits, the decals are an abomination. They are so fragile they break apart with the slightest hint of pressure and, if that wasn't bad enough, you can see through them! They are translucent. The kits includes markings for two different aircraft. I chose the night bomber version.

Otherwise the kit was a great build and I am very happy to add this to my plastic air force.

Back to top Go down
jimble

PostSubject: Re: Smer 1/72: Amiot 143 ( French Air Force in early WWII)   Sat Jul 08 2017, 17:57

Lovely build of an unusual aircraft, the French certainly built some weird and wonderful planes.

A nice one to add to your collection Propwash.
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Smer 1/72: Amiot 143 ( French Air Force in early WWII)   Sun Jul 09 2017, 20:41

Thank you very much, Jimble. I appreciate your comments. Smile
Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Smer 1/72: Amiot 143 ( French Air Force in early WWII)   Sun Jul 09 2017, 21:26

What an awesome plane, and model. It's just so... French Smile

Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Smer 1/72: Amiot 143 ( French Air Force in early WWII)   Thu Jul 13 2017, 23:42

Migrant wrote:
It's just so... French Smile

Why yes, it is. And by having wonderful French friends I can appreciate that even more. Smile Thank you for commenting, Mike.
Back to top Go down

Smer 1/72: Amiot 143 ( French Air Force in early WWII)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1