The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

HM HA7720B P-51D Mustang "DoDo" Cpt Clinton Burdick

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
daveyator

PostSubject: HM HA7720B P-51D Mustang "DoDo" Cpt Clinton Burdick   Mon Feb 27 2017, 12:47

The "DoDo" P-51D. The reason I bought this one was that darn TFM sale at the end of the year....$25 for a signature HM mustang. I probably say this on all the HM P-51D reviews but DAMN those canopies are hard to open.
P-51D Mustang 44-15310 named “DoDo” was piloted by Captain Clinton Burdick of the 361st
FS, 356th FG, 8th USAAF. Captain Burdick was one of the 356th five aces when he scored 5.5
victories, all against Fw-190s. Captain Burdick’s victories were achieved between November 25
1944 and January 14 1945. On February 20 1945 Captain Burdick flew the last of his 53 combat
missions. Clinton was the second Burdick ace; his father Lt. Howard Burdick flew a Sopwith
Camel with the 17th PS in WWI. He accumulated 8 aerial victories and was awarded the DFC
and DSC.

I'll add to this that the very little research (feel free to correct in other words) I found that (and this in no way is meant to take anything away from a WWII pilot) that Clinton Burdick is credited with 5.5 victories but the plane has seven. I also found out that Burdick's father was a WWI ace and that apparently makes  Clinton and his father the only father/son aces in US history.

PostSubject: Re: HM HA7720B P-51D Mustang "DoDo" Cpt Clinton Burdick   Mon Feb 27 2017, 13:46

That sale was one of the best ever but I had to take a pass. Great looking AC I have an FM Jersey Jerk in this same livery.

HM HA7720B P-51D Mustang "DoDo" Cpt Clinton Burdick
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1