The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Air Commander Heavy Metal F4B Phantom USS Midway

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
daveyator

PostSubject: Air Commander Heavy Metal F4B Phantom USS Midway   Mon Feb 27 2017, 13:54

This is the F4B Phantom 1965 "Mig Killer" from Air Commander's heavy metal collection. 1/72 scale. Appears to be a very detailed model in fact almost too detailed. The panel lines, placards, symbols, everything almost is drawn on. But the details are there and it looks great. There is a tremendous amount of ordinance and fuel tanks included so  you can vary the display. These items though are very delicate and tend to fall apart and fall off the model, in other words the friction fit is so so. The Canopy is nice and I really like the detail of the shaded front wind screen. The rudder and elevators also move. This my only die cast jet so feel free to chime in with any comments. I got this to display with my USS Midway plaque which I got on the Midway of course. My Vietnam history knowledge is limited but the markings on this are apparently of the Phantom that shot down one of the firsts Migs of the Vietnam war.

PostSubject: Re: Air Commander Heavy Metal F4B Phantom USS Midway   Mon Feb 27 2017, 15:24

Very nice Phantom. As you say the detail may be painted but the work is outstanding. Incredible amount of weapons added to this example as well. Nice find.

Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Air Commander Heavy Metal F4B Phantom USS Midway   Mon Feb 27 2017, 23:30

Your pics are the first that have given me a closer look at the AC F-4. Had you not said the lines were "drawn on" I would not have guessed by the pictures. They did a real nice job of it and added a lot of extra details with the stenciling. For your first die cast jet I think you should be rather happy. Nice one, Davey. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Air Commander Heavy Metal F4B Phantom USS Midway
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1