The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS & GUESTS! The Model Aircraft Collector Forum will be permanently shut down effective October 31st.

Share | 

Finding Current Active Threads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Finding Current Active Threads   Sat Mar 04 2017, 10:23

"Is there a faster way to find current threads rather than searching each individual forum?"

The answer is "Yes", there is a better, faster way.  

On the forum, scroll down to the blue space below the last sub-forum but before the "Who is On-line?" member information box.  In this space, look to the right.  You should see four selection choices.  Click on the first one: "Today's active topics".

This will activate a search that shows you all the active topics that have new posts.  Saves you a lot of time if all you want to do is to find and read the latest posts.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
Captain Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Finding Current Active Threads   Sat Mar 04 2017, 10:45

Admin wrote:
"Is there a faster way to find current threads rather than searching each individual forum?"

The answer is "Yes", there is a better, faster way.  

On the forum, scroll down to the blue space below the last sub-forum but before the "Who is On-line?" member information box.  In this space, look to the right.  You should see four selection choices.  Click on the first one: "Today's active topics".

This will activate a search that shows you all the active topics that have new posts.  Saves you a lot of time if all you want to do is to find and read the latest posts.

Allan

On the home page, at the right, I just click on "view posts since last visit."

On a related topic, is there a way to set it up so the most recent posts come up first? I am having to scroll down to get to the most recent post in a topic, which will become quite a pain as more posts are created!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Current Active Threads   Sat Mar 04 2017, 11:04

Captain,

The "view since last visit" works too. The only problem is if posts were made earlier in the day and you read them then logged off, they won't show up unless someone responded after you signed off.

The order of posts is a universal forum setting that only I can adjust.  I'm searching to see if there is a way that individuals can control it, but right now it looks like that option is not available to members.  

I personally prefer to have posts appear in a chronological order. It allows for a reader to follow the flow of a thread.  But I'll see if I can't change it.

Allan

dragon

Last edited by Admin on Sun Mar 05 2017, 10:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Finding Current Active Threads   Sat Mar 04 2017, 11:34

Allan, perhaps that is why I could not find a way to change it......of course, it could also have been my lack of computer savvy!
You created this forum for us, however, so don't change it all on MY account!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Current Active Threads   Sun Mar 05 2017, 10:22

Captain Eddie wrote:
Allan, perhaps that is why I could not find a way to change it......of course, it could also have been my lack of computer savvy!
You created this forum for us, however, so don't change it all on MY account!

I tried everything Captain - I could not find a way to change things. I will try asking about this on the Forum Support Forum and see if someone can give me an answer.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
Captain Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Finding Current Active Threads   Sun Mar 05 2017, 10:59

Thanks, Allan, I appreciate it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Finding Current Active Threads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1