The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Thread protocol question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Migrant

PostSubject: Thread protocol question   Sun Mar 05 2017, 10:27

Not so much a technical question, but a general one about posting in the plastic model threads.

Since many of us have built the same kits, would it be preferable to have all members' builds of a particular model in one thread?. So if, for instance, Member1 posts his 1/72 Heller Bf109D (in the Airfix/Heller section), should other members add theirs builds of the same kit to the original thread? That way anyone contemplating building the Heller 109 has a one-stop reference to see people's different approaches/builds/comments regarding the kit. It would also keep reviving older threads as members added their new builds to the older posts. The downside is that we'd need to do a search before posting a new build to see if a thread already exists for that particular model.

Any thoughts?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thread protocol question   Sun Mar 05 2017, 10:45

Migrant,

Great question. See the NEW forum rules - 2nd of three listed.

By all means, revisit old threads and add to them. Doing so keeps our topics active and interesting. Before you start a new thread, please check to see if a thread already exists that covers this topic. If so, please feel free to add to it! Adding to an existing thread is preferable to having a lot of repetitious threads.

I'd prefer connecting ALL similar threads into one all-inclusive thread for the reasons you mentioned. Too many repetitive threads about the same topic or model gets confusing and not as informative.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Thread protocol question   Sun Mar 05 2017, 10:48

Ok, thanks for the clarification Allan. I missed that in the forum rules.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thread protocol question   Sun Mar 05 2017, 10:58

Migrant wrote:
Ok, thanks for the clarification Allan. I missed that in the forum rules.

I changed them yesterday - I'm still setting up/tweaking things from the rush of last week. Thank you for asking the question - this was one of the many things I wanted to get to, but completely forgot about. My memory and my multi-tasking skills aren't what they used to be.

bored2death

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com

Thread protocol question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1