The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hasegawa 1/48 U-36A

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Migrant

PostSubject: Hasegawa 1/48 U-36A   Tue Mar 07 2017, 08:58

Basically, this is a militarized Learjet. From Wikipedia:

Quote :
A Japanese military designation Not U.S. military designation. Utility transport, training version of the Learjet 35A. Equipped with a missile seeker simulator in addition to a radar, avionics, firing training assessment devices, an ejector pylon, a special communications system, a target towing system and a jammer system. Four were built for the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force.

The kit is the old Hasegawa Learjet which came with additional resin parts for the radome and revised wing-tip pods, and of course JMSDF decals. Moulded in white plastic, the fit of all parts was excellent, though I did sand/polish the windows to make them flush with the fuselage. I could find no interior shots at all of the U-36 so got around this by replicating half-closed blinds on the windows. Painted with Gunze Mr Color lacquers.

Last edited by Migrant on Sun Jul 02 2017, 10:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Hasegawa 1/48 U-36A   Tue Mar 07 2017, 23:22

Awww crud, another JMSDF model I just have to have. Shocked I've been trying to get the Hasegawa Mu-2S on Ebay for a while now (darn snipers Evil or Very Mad ) so now I have to look for this one too. Thanks a lot Migrant. Wink

Wonderful job on this!
Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Hasegawa 1/48 U-36A   Wed Mar 08 2017, 09:11

Thanks PW. I have the Hasegawa Mu-2 in my stash, pity it's not the same scale as this but I'll build it anyway.

My first attempt with an airbrush was on the Mu-2 kit, I was about 14. I sprayed and sprayed gloss white enamel until it was pouring off the model in curtains. My mum was not well pleased as most of it ended up on the floor.

PostSubject: Re: Hasegawa 1/48 U-36A   Thu Mar 09 2017, 00:20

Migrant wrote:
My mum was not well pleased as most of it ended up on the floor.

Ha! lol! But surely she would be pleased now to see how far you've come since then.
Back to top Go down

Hasegawa 1/48 U-36A
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Model Aircraft Collector Forum :: Plastic Kits & Builds :: Hasegawa / Minicraft / Academy-
Jump to: