The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kovozávody Prostějov 1/72 Schulgleiter SG 38

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Migrant

PostSubject: Kovozávody Prostějov 1/72 Schulgleiter SG 38   Wed Mar 08 2017, 09:26

These early WW2 gliders came two-in-a-box, beautifully moulded although very simple; I think the Polish version with the enclosed cockpit had 11 parts Very Happy The main 'frame' was quite fragile and I snapped one of them early on in the build, but managed to bodge it back together. Trickiest part was masking the ribs which took a long time, but in the end I was quite pleased with the simulation of 'see through' doped linen. Rigged with elastic thread.

Last edited by Migrant on Sun Jul 02 2017, 10:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Kovozávody Prostějov 1/72 Schulgleiter SG 38   Sat Apr 01 2017, 08:48

Wow. A really unique subject to build. Nice effects with the see through wings. This is 1/72? The rigging is amazing. Did the turn buckles on the cables come with the kit or are they aftermarket?

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Kovozávody Prostějov 1/72 Schulgleiter SG 38   Sat Apr 01 2017, 09:36

Cheers Tom. Turnbuckles were aftermarket, hand-made by a guy in the UK trading as 'Bob's Buckles'. Smile They were ridiculously tiny and I think I lost more than I used.

PostSubject: Re: Kovozávody Prostějov 1/72 Schulgleiter SG 38   Sat Apr 01 2017, 20:35

The models themselves are wonderful, Mike. But it is the shading that you applied is what really elevates them to another level. Thanks for including the pic of the masking as that makes you appreciate the build even more.
Back to top Go down

Kovozávody Prostějov 1/72 Schulgleiter SG 38
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Model Aircraft Collector Forum :: Plastic Kits & Builds :: Miscellaneous Kit Manufacturers-
Jump to: