The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS & GUESTS! The Model Aircraft Collector Forum will be permanently shut down effective October 31st.

Share | 

Zoukeimura kits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DCRanger

PostSubject: Zoukeimura kits   Fri Mar 17 2017, 15:00

I'm posting this just out of curiosity as the prices are way over what I would be willing to pay for a kit but they they do look very impressive.  I've never heard of Zoukeimura kits before but a well known UK retailer now has them for sale (He seems to me moving rather quickly from diecast to plastic kits, collectable figures and other things) and who could resist such interesting types as a 1/32 Dornier 335 or a 1/48  Horten Ho 229?

Has any one bought and built one?
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Zoukeimura kits   Sat Mar 18 2017, 01:29

The scale for each model alone is impressive, let alone the detail. Shocked How are they priced?
Back to top Go down
DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: Zoukeimura kits   Sat Mar 18 2017, 04:20

These are the models that are available though some of them are not as expensive as I thought at first glance.

Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Zoukeimura kits   Sat Mar 18 2017, 06:36

DCRanger wrote:
I'm posting this just out of curiosity as the prices are way over what I would be willing to pay for a kit but they they do look very impressive.  I've never heard of Zoukeimura kits before but a well known UK retailer now has them for sale (He seems to me moving rather quickly from diecast to plastic kits, collectable figures and other things) and who could resist such interesting types as a 1/32 Dornier 335 or a 1/48  Horten Ho 229?

Has any one bought and built one?

I've never heard of these either. Seems they are really for those hard-core IPMS builders who want very detailed kits. As a recreational builder, this level of detailing and kit complexity would be lost on me. I don't understand UK pricing (it's all Greek to me!), but I'm sure in US dollars these would be very expensive - somewhere in the $100 plus range similar to Wingnut models.

I've been following the posts made by the retailer you mentioned. He's in a tough market; a saturated die-cast collector base, mixed quality products, rising costs, waning interest. Branching out to other product lines seems to be a wise move on his behalf.

pmmaker

TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Zoukeimura kits   Sat Mar 18 2017, 08:15

Wow. I never saw something so cool yet scary. My fingers get numb and my eyes strain just seeing the upper image. It would be a bit to much for me.

The models are very impressive though...

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Zoukeimura kits   Sat Mar 18 2017, 08:30

pmmaker wrote:

I've never heard of these either.  Seems they are really for those hard-core IPMS builders who want very detailed kits.  As a recreational builder, this level of detailing and kit complexity would be lost on me.  I don't understand UK pricing (it's all Greek to me!), but I'm sure in US dollars these would be very expensive - somewhere in the $100 plus range similar to Wingnut models.

I've been following the posts made by the retailer you mentioned. He's in a tough market; a saturated die-cast collector base, mixed quality products, rising costs, waning interest.  Branching out to other product lines seems to be a wise move on his behalf.

pmmaker

$100 equates to £80 at today's exchange rates.

I think all the sensible retailers in the UK have diversified whilst most of those who stuck to diecast only have gone out of business. Even the UK importer of HM product seems to be selling more in the way of kits, toy soldiers etc. Corgi output is much reduced and I think their attempts to cut costs is having an adverse effect. As to these kits, I don't think they will sell in large numbers because of the price but I would like to try one. Maybe one day?

Last edited by DCRanger on Sat Mar 18 2017, 08:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Zoukeimura kits   Sat Mar 18 2017, 08:49

I've never built one but I've seen several posted on various forums. As PMM inferred, I think they're aimed squarely at the hard-core modeller with expendable income. By all accounts they're beautiful kits, but most of them have extensive structural and interior detail that's completely invisible once the outer parts are added. For me, that seems a lot of work for details that will never be seen, and of course I'm paying for all that extra plastic & engineering. YMMV, of course Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Zoukeimura kits   Sat Mar 18 2017, 10:09

I've seen these in my kit searches. The Horten is a real beauty with all that detail but I would have to build it with some of the panels being detachable. After all that work to cover it up forever would be frustrating to me.

Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Zoukeimura kits   Sat Mar 18 2017, 20:41

Thanks for the pricing info, DCR. Wouldn't the "professional" modelers find ways to expose the detailed interiors a bit? Such as by removing maintenance panels or something impressive like that? Otherwise, as already pointed out, it is a real waste / shame to cover-up such wonder detail.
Back to top Go down
DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: Zoukeimura kits   Sun Mar 19 2017, 05:03

Propwash wrote:
Thanks for the pricing info, DCR. Wouldn't the "professional" modelers find ways to expose the detailed interiors a bit? Such as by removing maintenance panels or something impressive like that? Otherwise, as already pointed out, it is a real waste / shame to cover-up such wonder detail.

Some folks can do anything. When I started my 1/24 Typhoon build I came across the Facebook group "1/24 Airfix Hawker Typhoon MK!b Builds Group" where there are some fantastic builds with this one as a great example of what can be done. My build is out of the box and so far I've been very pleased and impressed with it but there is no way that I could ever take it to this level.

Large sections of the wing and fuselage have been cutaway and all the ribbing is scratch built. Even the gun shrouds have been cutaway to reveal the gun barrels

You have to join the group to see other photo's but for any one who is interested have a look here.  

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1064984883623812&set=pcb.1806624492930442&type=3&theater
Back to top Go down
DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: Zoukeimura kits   Wed Mar 22 2017, 14:41

Thought I wouds post another photo, this time the 1/32 Heinkel HE 219 UHU. These kits really are something else.

Back to top Go down

Zoukeimura kits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1