The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

REVIEW: Skymax SM6002 F-84E Thunderjet, Col. Robert Lee Scott Jr., 1952

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ACpilot

PostSubject: REVIEW: Skymax SM6002 F-84E Thunderjet, Col. Robert Lee Scott Jr., 1952   Sat Mar 18 2017, 20:21

October 11, 2012

SkyMax Flying Heroes SM6002
Republic F-84E Thunderjet
USAF 36th FBW, Robert Lee Scott Jr., Germany, 1952
1/72 Scale

Robert Lee Scott Jr. (1908 – 2006) was a Brigadier General in the United States Air Force. Scott is best known for his autobiography God is My Co-Pilot about his exploits in World War II with the Flying Tigers and the United States Army Air Forces in China and Burma. The book was eventually made into a film of the same name.

He was still active at age 97, and worked for the Museum of Aviation in Warner Robins, Ga. He authored 13 books since God is My Co-pilot.

Another great F-84 by Skymax. No quality control issues whatsoever. The model represents Scott's aircraft when he was Commander of the 36th Fighter Bomber Wing based at Fürstenfeldbruck Air Base in West Germany in 1952 during the Cold War.

By the way, I had this model for a couple of years before I discovered that the canopy does in fact slide back to display in the open position!

Dan
Wink

Back to top Go down

REVIEW: Skymax SM6002 F-84E Thunderjet, Col. Robert Lee Scott Jr., 1952
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1