The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Christian here....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PBRStreetgang

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2017-03-19
Age : 47
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Christian here....   Mon Mar 20 2017, 04:22

Thanks to Allan, I have rejoined the forum and its good to see some old faces like Captain Eddie, who I had not seen since the Old Pub and Warbird Collector forum.

I see there have been some challenges, however Allan has stuck to his guns,...and the forum and its good to see it still around.

Some pretty big changes since I was a member of the old forum.

Out of the ARMY (nearly) after 29 years and I have been fortunate to commence another career, this time a Paramedic with NSW Ambulance. I like service and like careers, so I am quite chuffed.

No longer in Brisbane, now living on the outskirts of Sydney, in my dream home. With a mancave in development and should be ready for piccies on the forum in the next few weeks. Just need one more cabinet.

Good to be back, as you well know (some of you) I am a Diecast Tart from way back but that does not mean I look and drool over the plastic models posted on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Epap2



Posts : 41
Join date : 2017-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Mon Mar 20 2017, 05:18

Welcome aboard, Christian.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 151
Join date : 2017-02-17
Location : Northern Connecticut, USA

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Mon Mar 20 2017, 05:44

Welcome Christian.

I hope you enjoy your time with us.  Congrats on getting that long awaited man cave.  Looking forward to seeing pictures of what must be an impressive die-cast collection.

Allan

______________________________________________________
Do not mettle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
Captain Eddie



Posts : 40
Join date : 2017-02-18
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Mon Mar 20 2017, 07:14

Welcome aboard, Christian. I was actually thinking about you the other day, wondering if you know the forum here. Glad you joined!!
Back to top Go down
PBRStreetgang

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2017-03-19
Age : 47
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Mon Mar 20 2017, 08:16

Captain Eddie wrote:
Welcome aboard, Christian.  I was actually thinking about you the other day, wondering if you know the forum here.  Glad you joined!!

I thought my ears were burning the other day. Laughing

Thanks Doug its great to see you again mate. I assume your hanger of WW1 subjects continues to grow?
Back to top Go down
Captain Eddie



Posts : 40
Join date : 2017-02-18
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Mon Mar 20 2017, 10:25

Yes, indeed it does. Not by leaps and bounds, but more slow and steady. Also, I am into model making now, though again at a fairly slow pace.

How is your collection coming along?

This is funny.....as I was typing this, I asked my wife if she remembered your name. She stated she does, and she was ALSO thinking of you the other day, wondering why I had not mentioned your name for quite some time.....I kid you not. She thinks of you and Susie when she uses the coasters you two sent us. How is Susie by the way?
Back to top Go down
Kyushu J7W

avatar

Posts : 182
Join date : 2017-02-18
Location : East Coast USA

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Mon Mar 20 2017, 15:47

Welcome Christian ... congrats on the new career. I think a paramedic goes well with your past military experience.

Can't wait to see the man cave pics.

______________________________________________________
If you score a victory but lose your wingman, you lost the battle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Runway/9601/
PBRStreetgang

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2017-03-19
Age : 47
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Mon Mar 20 2017, 18:12

Captain Eddie wrote:
Yes, indeed it does.  Not by leaps and bounds, but more slow and steady.  Also, I am into model making now, though again at a fairly slow pace.

How is your collection coming along?

This is funny.....as I was typing this, I asked my wife if she remembered your name.  She stated she does, and she was ALSO thinking of you the other day, wondering why I had not mentioned your name for quite some time.....I kid you not.  She thinks of you and Susie when she uses the coasters you two sent us.  How is Susie by the way?

I am chuffed you are still in the Hobby Doug. As for my collection,....as obsessive as ever. Laughing My appetite and enthusiasm for the Hobby has not dampened one bit.

Susie says hello and we both want to pass on our best wishes. Susie is quite chuffed with the mention of the coasters. Susie is well. She is now showing dogs (Scottish Terriers) and having the odd litter as well. So she is pretty busy as they are a handful. But loving where we live.
Back to top Go down
Hornchurch

avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2017-02-19
Location : 8th Air Force region ~ Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk ~ >> EAST-ANGLIA, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Thu Mar 23 2017, 00:30

PBRStreetgang wrote:



Out of the ARMY (nearly) after 29 years and I have been fortunate to commence another career, this time a Paramedic with NSW Ambulance. I like service and like careers, so I am quite chuffed.

No longer in Brisbane, now living on the outskirts of Sydney, in my dream home. With a mancave in development and should be ready for piccies on the forum in the next few weeks. Just need one more cabinet.

Good to be back, as you well know (some of you) I am a Diecast Tart from way back but that does not mean I look and drool over the plastic models posted on this forum.
'



"Diecast Tart", more like "Diecast Slut" jocolor

Am stunned you ain't "In The Army" anymore.... (*Status Quo track)

When we first spoke, you & Susie were about 40mins outside Sydney.
So is it similar (geographically), to your 'pre-Brisbane' Army posting ??

BTW, I saw your recent Lockheed Hudson pix on Stew's forum.
Outstanding pix mate...
Oh, plus you're a lucky.B for even seeing one flying (jealous I am !)

I went to RAF Hendon this Monday & at least saw one in the museum.
It has real-combat history & wears proper RAAF markings too !
(she shot-down several Japanese fighters in air-to-air dogfights).

Mate, you should post those 'Hudson banking' shots over here.
(she's a rare beast after all !!!!!)

I actually enjoyed the rearward-facing shot the most ; Quality.

Also, please do give my love to the wonderful, wonderful Susie !

She crossed my mind again, on Monday....

Quite understandable, as I'd gone to Hendon to see R.5868 "S-Sugar"
(Everyone knows the 137-mission bird is a true star-attraction)

Obviously as it was once her TDHP-callsign, it jogged my memory.

It all followed-on from a busy weekend at the IPMS Hornchurch London show.
(& was actually my first visit in 5-years & only my 2nd in TWELVE !).

Catch you around, on here, cheers, K.
Back to top Go down
MikeD

avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-02-19
Location : Long Island, NY USA

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Thu Mar 23 2017, 17:47

Glad you've made it here Christian! Nice to hear from you and congrats on your new career. Can't wait for you to post pics of your man cave when it's finished! Glad you're here, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
PBRStreetgang

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2017-03-19
Age : 47
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Thu Mar 23 2017, 21:18

Hornchurch wrote:
PBRStreetgang wrote:



Out of the ARMY (nearly) after 29 years and I have been fortunate to commence another career, this time a Paramedic with NSW Ambulance. I like service and like careers, so I am quite chuffed.

No longer in Brisbane, now living on the outskirts of Sydney, in my dream home. With a mancave in development and should be ready for piccies on the forum in the next few weeks. Just need one more cabinet.

Good to be back, as you well know (some of you) I am a Diecast Tart from way back but that does not mean I look and drool over the plastic models posted on this forum.
'



"Diecast Tart", more like "Diecast Slut" jocolor

 Am stunned you ain't "In The Army" anymore.... (*Status Quo track)

 When we first spoke, you & Susie were about 40mins outside Sydney.
 So is it similar (geographically), to your 'pre-Brisbane' Army posting ??

 BTW, I saw your recent Lockheed Hudson pix on Stew's forum.
 Outstanding pix mate...
 Oh, plus you're a lucky.B for even seeing one flying (jealous I am !)

 I went to RAF Hendon this Monday & at least saw one in the museum.
 It has real-combat history & wears proper RAAF markings too !
 (she shot-down several Japanese fighters in air-to-air dogfights).

 Mate, you should post those 'Hudson banking' shots over here.
 (she's a rare beast after all !!!!!)
 
 I actually enjoyed the rearward-facing shot the most ; Quality.

 Also, please do give my love to the wonderful, wonderful Susie !

 She crossed my mind again, on Monday....

 Quite understandable, as I'd gone to Hendon to see R.5868 "S-Sugar"
 (Everyone knows the 137-mission bird is a true star-attraction)

 Obviously as it was once her TDHP-callsign, it jogged my memory.

 It all followed-on from a busy weekend at the IPMS Hornchurch London show.
 (& was actually my first visit in 5-years & only my 2nd in TWELVE !).

 Catch you around, on here, cheers, K.

Hey Geezer,

Yep,...we are actually not too far away from where we lived before the move to Brisbane. A little closer to the Sydney and in the lovely village of Picton.

I have passed on your regards to Susie. She is busy with her Scottish Terriers,....but for some reason has decided to post on the MHIII again. It must have been the airshow that has renewed here interest. Smile

Stay well Geezer.
Back to top Go down
PBRStreetgang

avatar

Posts : 38
Join date : 2017-03-19
Age : 47
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Christian here....   Thu Mar 23 2017, 21:19

MikeD wrote:
Glad you've made it here Christian! Nice to hear from you and congrats on your new career. Can't wait for you to post pics of your man cave when it's finished! Glad you're here, enjoy!

Thanks mate.

Soon. S for Sugar has raised eyebrows over the need for another cabinet,...but it is what it is. Laughing Once the cabinet is sorted,...the cave is not far away.
Back to top Go down
 
Christian here....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Evolution of a progressive Christian
» OFFBEAT: Film actor Gerard Butler at Munster Family Christian Center today for free event
» LAINEY GOSSIP: George is basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey
» Pregnant Sudanese Woman to be stoned to death for being Christian
» Christian Bale tells George Clooney to ‘stop whining’

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Model Aircraft Collector Forum :: Forum Information :: Member Meet & Greet-
Jump to: