The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Code 3 Corgi Canberra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PBRStreetgang

PostSubject: Code 3 Corgi Canberra   Mon Mar 20 2017, 05:31

Strictly speaking its not my code 3 project,...except I commissioned it. I do not have the skill of a Edward or my friend from the US who made this wondrous code 3. Maybe one day, I will sit down and learn to do some basic code 3 projects and plastic builds.

Until then, I ask dear friends to code 3 a model for me. This one ended up being a gift. The fellow who done the work knew how much this model meant to me and ended up sending it as a Christmas Gift. I was stunned. It is a Kings gift. These photos are not mine,....the mate who did work took these photos. Mine is now on display in its cabinet and once the mancave is finally done I will take plenty of photos of my models and I am sure this will get a run.

But I like sharing it around. Other than the incredible detail put into it,........its a model of a RAAF 2 SQN B2 Canberra in Phan Rang Bay AFB, Vietnam as part of the 35th TFW. The white bomb is the last bomb dropped, in the last operational sortie of 2 SQN.

The bomb has the markings of the actual bomb,...including all the messages from 2 SQN to their erstwhile enemy who were about to recieve.

The message: "76,389th and last bomb compliments to Charlie from RAAF No. 2 Squadron RAAF Uc Dai Loi (Australia) here we come."

Although you cannot see it, there is wire on the inside of the bomb that arms the bomb on release.

The actual aircraft and bomb:

On return from the actual mission:

Last edited by PBRStreetgang on Mon Mar 20 2017, 08:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: Code 3 Corgi Canberra   Mon Mar 20 2017, 07:24

Lovely model especially with the bomb detail and far better than Corgi could have produced. Smile
Back to top Go down
PBRStreetgang

PostSubject: Re: Code 3 Corgi Canberra   Mon Mar 20 2017, 08:00

Yes well, I suspect every collector in Antipodean land is hoping Corgi give it a go and they manage to release an acceptable one. Whether corgi will want to invest in the bomb racks and MK117 bomb is another question I guess. Its a shame as I am rather fond of the Pooch Canberra tooling,....just wished they done a bit more with is all.

Interesting there is a fellow in Blighty that has done a couple of code 3s of RAAF Canberras that have been on Ebay lately.
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Code 3 Corgi Canberra   Mon Mar 20 2017, 23:37

I love the Canberras and this model especially so. Wonderful work on it. Good
Back to top Go down

Code 3 Corgi Canberra
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1