The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Tamiya 1/32 M41 Bulldog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rumpler

PostSubject: Tamiya 1/32 M41 Bulldog   Mon Mar 20 2017, 21:09

This kit was recommended to me by Skinner67 on the old tank forum as a good starting point if you are new to building tanks. It was a simple build with no problems and went together like most Tamiya products. Suitable for novice and expert builders. Due to the failure of the WW2 tanks in Korea the M41 was put into hurried production and shipped immediately to the battlefield without being tested. It carried a 76mm main gun with a stereo range finder which was very  accurate but in battle the range finder was a failure. A large number of tanks sere supplied to the German Defence Force and 150 were supplied to the Japan Ground Self Defence Force .

Last edited by rumpler on Tue Mar 21 2017, 01:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya 1/32 M41 Bulldog   Mon Mar 20 2017, 23:34

I'm curious Rumpler, but what are the (rough) dimensions of this model? Thanks for sharing your build as it looks great.
Back to top Go down
rumpler

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya 1/32 M41 Bulldog   Tue Mar 21 2017, 01:29

Propwash wrote:
I'm curious Rumpler, but what are the (rough) dimensions of this model? Thanks for sharing your build as it looks great.

Hello Propwash, its six and a half inches long, three and a half wide and three and a half to the top of the turret. Gun extends one and a half inches beyond the front of the tank. They sell down here for about $20 which is very good. I did not even think about the last building step which entails taking the polyethylene bag the kit comes in and fitting it around the gun shield, winding threads around it and warming it with a hair dryer and crumpling into shape. Beyond me. John.
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya 1/32 M41 Bulldog   Tue Mar 21 2017, 09:51

That's a good-sized model. When I used to collect die cast armor, I had some Corgi tanks in 1/50 scale that I thought were huge (for the time). Not being all that knowledgeable in armor, I'm not quite up on the need for the heated plastic on the gun shield. Was that some type of protection for the gun on the real tank?
Back to top Go down
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya 1/32 M41 Bulldog   Tue Mar 21 2017, 21:39

I think it was intended to emulate canvas...the weather seal between the gun mount and the turret...

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya 1/32 M41 Bulldog   Tue Mar 21 2017, 23:47

TomMarkert wrote:
I think it was intended to emulate canvas...the weather seal between the gun mount and the turret...

Tom

Ah! That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation (and pic) Tom.
Back to top Go down

Tamiya 1/32 M41 Bulldog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1