The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Avalon Airshow (because the geezer asked for it)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PBRStreetgang

PostSubject: Avalon Airshow (because the geezer asked for it)   Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:12 pm

The Geezer (aka Hornchurch) ask me to show off a couple of pictures from the Avalon Airshow,...which is now the biggest airshow in the Southern Hemisphere and the 5th largest show on the planet. Australia traditionally has a pretty good warbird effort. Avalon airshow corporation could do a better job showing them off,....but you take what you can get and a number of the best types are either grounded (Sabre and Canberra) or have been sold (B25). But it was still a pretty good effort and whilst many aircraft did not attend the show,...it was still more than worthwhile. I'll stick with the older types, because as Hornchurch mentioned, the Hudson is incredibly unique.

P40N

CAC Boomerang

This airplane is a highlight for me. It makes the most incredible noise and it flew with the Hudson. The Boomerang is all Australian,..conceived, designed and produced for the RAAF. By the time it got into service, US fighters such as the P40 and UK fighters like the Spitfire left the Boomerang behind and it could not compete with Japanese fighters. But, oddly it excelled in close air support in the mountains of New Guinea where it's nimble nature could get very low into some of the harshest territory on the planet and deliver bombs in support of the Army.

The Hudson,...in a rather unusual pose.

In somewhat a more conventual posture.

A brace of CT4s and Winjeels.

MKVIII Spitfire

The Meteor.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Avalon Airshow (because the geezer asked for it)   Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:06 am

Nice! By me here in the US, they are having the "Reading WW2 Weekend". Much in the way of reenactor units, military vehicles and many planes. I understand there is a B-29, B-17, B-25 and numerous other aircraft in attendance.

I just had a bi-plane trainer and what looked like a P-40 fly over my house, on their way home apparently. I heard the engines and it caught my attention....no pics though.. Crying or Very sad

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Avalon Airshow (because the geezer asked for it)   Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:27 am

Nice pics! I'd love to see the Hudon and Meteor do some flying.
Back to top Go down
11sqnldr

PostSubject: Re: Avalon Airshow (because the geezer asked for it)   Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:42 am

The Hudson is a magnificent old bird and the guys that display her really put her through he paces - great to see.

Stay tuned for another flying version in a few years to come... in New Zealand Cool

Avalon was once again a fantastic show, thoroughly enjoyed myself as did my eldest son who flew over for the weekend from NZ

Back to top Go down

Avalon Airshow (because the geezer asked for it)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1