The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

REVIEW: Century Wings 589308 USN Vought A-7E Corsair II VA-86 "Sidewinders", USS Nimitz, 1978

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ACpilot

PostSubject: REVIEW: Century Wings 589308 USN Vought A-7E Corsair II VA-86 "Sidewinders", USS Nimitz, 1978   Sun Mar 26 2017, 00:52

Century Wings 1:72 Wings of Heroes 589308
Vought A-7E Corsair II
USN VA-86 Sidewinders, AJ400, USS Nimitz, 1978
Limited 2000 units

Throughout the 1970s and 80s, as part of the NIMITZ team, Sidewinders made numerous deployments to the Mediterranean and North Atlantic. Sidewinders were awarded the 1982 COMNAVAIRLANT Battle "E", denoting the best A-7E squadron on the East Coast. Sidewinders were awarded the 1985 Admiral Wade McClusky Award, signifying the best attack squadron in the Navy. In June of 1987, after a cameo appearance in the Hollywood film Final Countdown, Sidewinders departed NIMITZ and transitioned to the FA-18C Hornet, re-designated Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA-86).

Another excellent Century Wings model that also made a guest appearance in the Motion Picture "The Final Countdown" (1980).

Dan
Wink

Last edited by ACpilot on Wed Jul 26 2017, 23:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Century Wings 589308 USN Vought A-7E Corsair II VA-86 "Sidewinders", USS Nimitz, 1978   Sun Mar 26 2017, 06:40

Beautiful model in an eye-catching scheme! I built one like this when I was younger and built jet model kits.

If I was ever going to start collecting die-cast jets(
No! No! No!), this one would be a "must have" model I would get.

pmmaker

TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW: Century Wings 589308 USN Vought A-7E Corsair II VA-86 "Sidewinders", USS Nimitz, 1978   Sun Mar 26 2017, 08:01

Yes, the red trim really sets the plane off. I remember the movie...saw it on HBO when I was a kid. It was actually a good movie...

Tom

REVIEW: Century Wings 589308 USN Vought A-7E Corsair II VA-86 "Sidewinders", USS Nimitz, 1978
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1