The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Airfield Section B

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rumpler

PostSubject: Airfield Section B   Wed Apr 05 2017, 21:20

A few more photos. Any diecast models are King & Country. Way above my price range. The owner of King & Country comes out from Hong Kong each year and is a generous supporter of the annual dinner. Question and answer session of the dinner is enlightening. He explains why certain models cannot be built, The main reason is that they have to sell in the American market.

Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Airfield Section B   Thu Apr 06 2017, 00:38

Aren't King & Country models in an "odd" scale (1/30)? Ever hear why that scale was chosen as opposed to more mainstream scales?
Back to top Go down
rumpler

PostSubject: Re: Airfield Section B   Thu Apr 06 2017, 02:27

Propwash wrote:
Aren't King & Country models in an "odd" scale (1/30)? Ever hear why that scale was chosen as opposed to more mainstream scales?

A word of warning Propwash, never get into a discussion about scale unless you are prepared to start WW3. My son is in a Toy Soldier forum with over 3,000 members and if you want to start a real fight make some remark about scale. It gets so bad some members go off and start other forums. King & Country use 6mm which is about 1/30 but if you put them besides a John Jenkins at a guess the Jenkins would be about 1/35. It is a noticeable difference and when you think about it there is a variation in height in real people. The only way to check a scale is to measure the weapons because the correct measurements can be researched. My son provides the figures and I build the models and dioramas and one of the members asked him if I would like to join them. My son told them "no thanks, he is a member of a small select modelers forum that show respect and courtesy for each other and he wants a quite life."
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: Airfield Section B   Fri Apr 07 2017, 00:14

Thank you for that cautionary tale, Rumpler. affraid Funny what sets collectors of isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Airfield Section B   Fri Apr 07 2017, 12:14

Fantastic diorama, Rumpler. Lots of interesting details – I'm especially impressed with the figures, their poses are so natural and they look very realistic. Great weathering on the buildings and convincing groundwork too. I have a much too low threshold to boredom to ever attempt anything so ambitious, but I'm seriously impressed by those who do.

Airfield Section B
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1