The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Wingnuts Pfalz D.IIIa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rumpler

PostSubject: Wingnuts Pfalz D.IIIa   Sat Apr 08 2017, 23:08

This is my favourite Wingnuts model in their usual 1/32 scale. The fuselage was built using strips of plywood of two different sizes which were laid diagonally over each other and formed on a buck. Gaps were sealed with tape and then covered in doped fabric resulting in a very light aircraft. Original models had the guns mounted internally which created troubles when they jammed. This late model had them mounted externally and a larger tail was fitted.
It is the usual Wingnuts model where if care is taken everything fits but even a bit of paint in the wrong place stops the fuselage halves from fitting together. I have found white to be a hard colour to get right but was happy with this effort.

Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Pfalz D.IIIa   Sat Apr 08 2017, 23:44

Looks great, beautiful work on the interior and engine. Who makes the pilot figure?

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Pfalz D.IIIa   Sun Apr 09 2017, 00:46

Migrant wrote:
Looks great, beautiful work on the interior and engine. Who makes the pilot figure?

I think it is a John Jenkins. Don't have it now but most of the figures I use are Jenkins. It was an old one.
Back to top Go down
rumpler

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Pfalz D.IIIa   Mon Apr 10 2017, 04:56

rumpler wrote:
Migrant wrote:

I think it is a John Jenkins. Don't have it now but most of the figures I use are Jenkins. It was an old one.

Migrant, I made a mistake re the figure, it is a Thomas Gunn, not a John Jenkins. I was talking to my son and it is the only Thomas Gunn and apart from a few King & Country all of the rest are John Jenkins. You mentioned you might try a Wingnuts kit, the starting price is $79 US plus postage and there is a good selection at this level including a choice of several Camels. This puts them at well over $100 plus postage here in Australia so I might buy another tank. Cheers John.
Back to top Go down

Wingnuts Pfalz D.IIIa
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Model Aircraft Collector Forum :: Plastic Kits & Builds :: Miscellaneous Kit Manufacturers-
Jump to: