The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Wingnuts SE5a

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rumpler

PostSubject: Wingnuts SE5a   Sun Apr 09 2017, 01:32

I've found a couple of my SE5a photos. This was the first Wingnuts kit that I built and learnt a great deal from my mistakes. When you buy one of their kits do not start it for a couple of weeks but read the instructions while watching TV at night and plan everything ahead including which of the five sets of Italian Cartograf decals you will use and at what stage of the build they must be used. A bit of thought at this stage can make a big difference. The rigging wire I used on this one was a bit thick and later on my hobby shop got a thinner nickel silver wire of .3 mm with a cost that made me think it was gold. Unfortunately Wingnuts are bought from America now instead of NZ and with shipping costs and the American dollar they are out of my reach and it stops the fun part because the build has to justify the cost.

Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts SE5a   Sun Apr 09 2017, 09:57

Another lovely build, once again complemented by those really nice figures. I'm really going to have to try one of these WingNut kits.

Wingnuts SE5a
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Model Aircraft Collector Forum :: Plastic Kits & Builds :: Miscellaneous Kit Manufacturers-
Jump to: