The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

S&M Models 1/72 Percival Provost

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Migrant

PostSubject: S&M Models 1/72 Percival Provost   Wed Apr 12 2017, 16:00

I'd never heard of this UK manufacturer before, but this was a new-tool kit and went together beautifully. Finally, a replacement for the old Matchbox kit. Finished in Indonesian markings.

Last edited by Migrant on Tue Jul 04 2017, 14:23; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: S&M Models 1/72 Percival Provost   Thu Apr 13 2017, 00:02

Mike, I am sure glad I knew what a Percival Proctor was as S&M Models had the imagination running wild. affraid Wink

That's a very tidy looking little plane isn't it? I really love that you have made models from air forces that I've never seen or have thought about before. Like your recent Royal Bahrain AF jet, this is a livery I've not seen before. Thank you for posting this and please keep them coming.
Back to top Go down
DCRanger

PostSubject: Re: S&M Models 1/72 Percival Provost   Thu Apr 13 2017, 05:39

Yet another great build and a very attractive scheme.

Just a small point - it's not a Proctor, it is a Provost. Smile The design originated with the Percival company, which became part of the Hunting Group and is more commonly referred to in the UK at least as the Hunting Piston Provost. The "Piston" part was/is included as the air frame was later developed to become the Jet Provost. By that time the Hunting Group had in turn been merged with other companies so the jet version was the BAC Jet Provost which in turn was developed into the Strikemaster.

Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: S&M Models 1/72 Percival Provost   Thu Apr 13 2017, 09:48

Whoops. Embarassed The one pic I had seen of the Proctor turns out to have been mislabeled (Google images). Thanks for the info DCR.

On a side note, while looking up Proctor pics I found some​ movie trivia. In the 1969 film, Battle of Britain , film producers tried to convert Proctor's into replicas of Ju-87s. They didn't fly very well so we're scrapped and models were used instead.
Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: S&M Models 1/72 Percival Provost   Thu Apr 13 2017, 10:12

DCRanger wrote:
Just a small point - it's not a Proctor, it is a Provost. Smile

Doh. I knew that Very Happy I could try blaming it on auto-correct but the truth is, I'm getting old and my memory's a bit dodgy at times. Thanks for the correction.

Propwash wrote:
Mike, I am sure glad I knew what a Percival Proctor was as S&M Models had the imagination running wild. affraid Wink

Thanks PW. Yes, it is an odd name for a kit manufacturer. Here's a link to their website, to save you a potentially embarrassing Google search What a Face

Propwash wrote:
I really love that you have made models from air forces that I've never seen or have thought about before. Like your recent Royal Bahrain AF jet, this is a livery I've not seen before. Thank you for posting this and please keep them coming.

I must admit I do like modelling small air force subjects, just as I like building more obscure subjects.

S&M Models 1/72 Percival Provost
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1