The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

HM Libyan Mig 23 Flogger, 1980's scheme

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomMarkert

PostSubject: HM Libyan Mig 23 Flogger, 1980's scheme   Sat Apr 22 2017, 08:41

I picked up another Middle East Mig recently. It is a Mig23 Flogger in the Libyan AF scheme from the 1980's. I was a kid when many of the small conflicts happened in the 80's between the US Navy F-14s and the Libyan AF, with the US coming out on top every time. Later these planes would fly against Iranian F-14s supplied by the US to the Shah of Iran before his downfall. The Iranian F-14 s would die slow deaths due to lack of spare parts as they were withheld by the US....

These are fairly new Hobbymaster releases with their new and improved packaging. One thing I noticed is the weapon/pylons which mount under the wings are much tighter fitting and more delicate than those on earlier models. They will require careful fitting when installing them.

I had hoped the graphics would be a bit more exciting, but they are correct for the era. A nice model anyway.

Tom

HM Libyan Mig 23 Flogger, 1980's scheme
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1