The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Altaya's "hélicoptères de combat" # 6: Sea Dragon.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hilarion Lefuneste

PostSubject: Altaya's "hélicoptères de combat" # 6: Sea Dragon.   Sat Apr 29 2017, 12:17

... As usual with the Ixo's a/c-helos productions, model kit-based model (from the Italeri's):

Not too bad and better than the Amercom's model (which had wrong exhausts if I remember well what was discussed at the time of the release)..

.... Unfortunately, no repaint nor modified issue in the collection. But™ the tooling got a second chance when Ixo made it part of the KB Wings series (helos picked up from the toolbank and delivered under japanese Markings & liveries). Here:

Back to top Go down
PBRStreetgang

PostSubject: Re: Altaya's "hélicoptères de combat" # 6: Sea Dragon.   Sat Apr 29 2017, 21:39

Nice review mate.

I also have Altayas effort and I think its grouse. Big model in 1:72, bigger than what many would assume if they had not seen it in the flesh, I am thinking.

For those of us who do pine for a CH53 (or E) tooling,....looks like one is one the way with the newly revamped FoV line. cheers
Back to top Go down
Hilarion Lefuneste

PostSubject: Re: Altaya's "hélicoptères de combat" # 6: Sea Dragon.   Fri May 05 2017, 23:24

Next: the NH 90/Naval version.

The usual Ixo's making ; metal main body with bottom, part of the tail and accessories made of plastic. Mostly accurate both in shape & markings ; missing a side window though if I remember well what I wrote on the older review of the model and the nose's bottom ones figured by black tampo are not only a so-so shortcut but were allied inverted!!!

Only game in town for a long time I guess to represent the Naval version. Amercom made a not too bad Army's version. The one made later in the serie by taya to figure a Sapnish Army's one was unfortunately ruined by a mishap in the colour choice...

Best alternative model kit it in the same scale is the Revell's.

And I just noticed I forgot the Dolphin's pics!!!! (It was the 13th of the collection with the NH 90 coming later as nb 16).

Back to top Go down
Hilarion Lefuneste

PostSubject: Re: Altaya's "hélicoptères de combat" # 6: Sea Dragon.   Sat May 06 2017, 00:07

.... And then, the "forgotten" AS 365 N....

.... Most of the "best" of the serie were the Naval helos ; whatever the type and/or maker:

This one is another good example. Again, originality comes from the magazine models as there is no rendition of this machine in diecast (China - AF1? - makes some models of the "licence-built ones they possess, but™ that's all...

Shape, size and markings are correct (a few more stencils would have been welcome though). Interior provided with controls, seats, panels etc... and the aft compartment is "furnished"...

Btw, models from this serie came fully built but™ for the rotor ; so no "up/down u/c options" like with the other models Altaya released before.

The Roland is back for size comparison purposes... The Dolphin 2 is not a big machine... Model would have been worth another "Royale" issue, the publisher decided otherwise ; tooling was reused later for a WZ 9 and a CG Dolphin instead...

Back to top Go down
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Altaya's "hélicoptères de combat" # 6: Sea Dragon.   Sat May 06 2017, 06:56

Very attractive whirlybirds there. Nice reviews too. I like the Japanese copter. The paint scheme really shows how massive it is. Thanks for posting these.

Tom

Altaya's "hélicoptères de combat" # 6: Sea Dragon.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1