The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sky Guardians USAF F-104 Starfighter 1/72

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Sky Guardians USAF F-104 Starfighter 1/72   Sun Apr 30 2017, 09:23

I picked this plane up from a seller in Hong Kong through eBay. It was $45 with free shipping.

The plane is a F-104 Starfighter in USAF colors, 479th TFW USAF George AFB 1964.

The model is very nicely detailed with a pilot and fairly intricately detailed, fixed landing gear. No gear up option with this model and no display stand. Stands are sold separately if you can find them.

The nose point is included separately and I glued mine in with ACC. Nice graphics and overall great finish.

Here she is....

PostSubject: Re: Sky Guardians USAF F-104 Starfighter 1/72   Sun Apr 30 2017, 09:29

I always liked the Starfighter.  Just looks mean and fast! Twisted Evil

Nice pick up Tom - HM makes some of these too if I'm not mistaken.  I might get a die-cast model rather than building one from a kit. I built lots of these as a kid - I think I'd rather go the pre-made route for this plane.

pmmaker

TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Sky Guardians USAF F-104 Starfighter 1/72   Sun Apr 30 2017, 09:45

I have a couple of the HM planes too. Matchbox made a great USAF version too, but they are hard to find. One of their "Sky Predators" line I thinks. So many countries used them, it would be easy to have a big collection of 1/72 F-104s.

These are sleek, sharp planes. I may try a 1/72 kit version of one, but I am sure it wouldn't be a good as a factory job. I have a 1/32 kit in my stash pile. It will be a kitbash into a USAF version. The kit is a German plane I believe.

This plane I saw one heavy model too.

Tom

Sky Guardians USAF F-104 Starfighter 1/72
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1