The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mikeindigokilo checking in

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeindigokiloecho

PostSubject: Mikeindigokilo checking in   Wed May 10 2017, 15:10

I made it!  Hope everyone is doing well. I'm Mike from Houston, my callsign is mikeindigokiloecho. I was previously a member of The Model Warbird Collector Forum. Since 2005, I collect 1/200 airliners and 1/72 diecast military aircraft. My Century Wings F-14 from VF-111 Sundowners, Hobby Master 1/72 A-4 Blue Angels, Hobby Master 1/72 F-6F Hellcat flown by Alex Vraciu, and the Gemini Aces 1/72 P-51B Mustang flown by Bud Anderson, are among my favorite models. I've participated in a couple of the group builds, and it has been a lot of fun. I look forward to the next group build!
Back to top Go down
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Mikeindigokilo checking in   Wed May 10 2017, 19:14

I used to post at the WB forum too. I dropped out of collecting for a while and when I returned, it was a very quiet place. Too bad, it was a great forum in its day.

But we are here now and you have made a great choice by being on this site. Welcome!

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Mikeindigokilo checking in   Thu May 11 2017, 00:16

I recall your name (callsign) from that forum. Welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mikeindigokilo checking in   Fri May 12 2017, 05:27

Welcome Mike! It is nice to have you rejoin us again. Yes, I hope to have another group build in the near future. We'll have to decide on an interesting topic and time frame - probably sometime over the summer months.

I too lament the loss of the old forum - lots of interesting posts and good friends lost. Our "free forum" provider pulled the plug and we had no choice but to start over here. The good thing was that starting over allowed for much needed changes such as opening the forum to ALL aircraft and allowing discussion of tanks and ships. We are slowly rebuilding our membership and adding new threads. We are not always busy, but hopefully we are informative and provide an enjoyable experience for our members and guests.

I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
mikeindigokiloecho

PostSubject: Re: Mikeindigokilo checking in   Sat May 13 2017, 09:24

Thanks guys for the welcome! Yes, some familiar names with the same avatars, which made it easy to give it a go. I really enjoyed the environment of the old forum, and i am sorry to hear about having to see it go... I am confident that the same tradition continues on at TMACF, and with ALL aircraft this time (Yes, I saw that with surprise!) I always felt that the focus kept a strong "prop driven" nostalgia. Thanks again Allan for bringing the forum back to life and a great place for humble collectors to share their point of view with the hobby!
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Mikeindigokilo checking in   Sat May 13 2017, 12:51

mikeindigokiloecho wrote:
Thanks guys for the welcome!  Yes, some familiar names with the same avatars, which made it easy to give it a go.  I really enjoyed the environment of the old forum, and i am sorry to hear about having to see it go...  I am confident that the same tradition continues on at TMACF, and with ALL aircraft this time (Yes, I saw that with surprise!)  I always felt that the focus kept a strong "prop driven" nostalgia.  Thanks again Allan for bringing the forum back to life and a great place for humble collectors to share their point of view with the hobby!

The new rules are simple and straight forward and many of us made the trip over.  Opening up the forum focus to include jets, tanks, and ships, has allowed for more discussion of unusual models and kits.  I personally like the software as it is more fun to use.  Hopefully the warm and friendly feel will continue.

(BTW - there is no reason to blank out the jets in your avatar image anymore. Smart ass tomcat )

pmmaker

Mikeindigokilo checking in
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1