The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Sat May 13 2017, 17:08

Summer is approaching and so it is time to do some thinking about a possible group build.  This would be our first group build since our move to our new home.  For those who have never participated, here are the particulars:

1. You pick a model of your choice or one that relates to our theme.

2. Raid your stash pile!  No need to buy a new model, especially if you already own a suitable kit in your stash.

3. We all build our kits at the same time period.  You can document your build or just post pictures once you finish your build.

I'm asking our builders to submit 2 or 3 ideas on possible group build themes.

My suggestions based on my own stash pile:

Post WWII U.S. Navy (planes or ships)

War time aircraft desert schemes (any war)

Carrier aircraft (any nation or war)

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Sat May 13 2017, 19:39

I have all three of your suggested categories in my pile. Any one of your suggestions would be fine with me.

One additional category, or future consideration, could be like the "Evil Empire" build...any Soviet Block country post WW2, including Russia...in any scale.

Another could be multi-engine float planes. Anything in any scale perhaps.

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Sat May 13 2017, 21:01

I 'm good too. I don't have any Soviet/Russian kits so I'd be out if that's where we decide to go. My float planes are already built so I wouldn't have to build one.

pmmaker

TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Sun May 14 2017, 06:36

Maybe a build centered on a certain aircraft manufacturer...

Such as Boeing, Lockheed, Curtiss, Messerschmitt, North American, Bell, whatever.

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Sun May 14 2017, 08:18

TomMarkert wrote:
Maybe a build centered on a certain aircraft manufacturer...

Such as Boeing, Lockheed, Curtiss, Messerschmitt, North American, Bell, whatever.

Tom

OOOHH! I like that one! yeah happy

That suggestion bears more thought for sure!

pmmaker

mikeindigokiloecho

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Fri May 19 2017, 02:22

I like the desert scheme and the manufacturer themes. Some ideas I was thinking of:
1. Search and rescue - incdues fixed wing and rotorcraft
2. Gunships - any aircraft armed with guns
3. Quattro - four engined aircraft prop or turbine driven

Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Sat May 20 2017, 10:13

I also like the 'desert' idea, especially if it was expanded to include armour, figures, etc. rather than just aircraft. And I could definitely get into a single-manufacturer GB.

How about 'between-the-wars': any subject from 1919 - 1938? That could even include – gasp! – cars...

I've been involved in a lot of GBs on various forums and their success depends entirely on the involvement of the forum members – frequent posts, not just about our own progress but words of encouragement, questions and comments on the other GB participants. There's so little activity – and so few regular posters – on this site, that I'm not convinced a GB is feasible. But, I'm happy to get involved, and hope that I'm proved wrong.

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Sat May 20 2017, 14:48

Mike,

When we do this group build, it will be our 7th one.  If you go to the subforum following this one, you'll see what we were able to accomplish as a "small" group in the past.

Unfortunately,  all our threads on the old forum were lost when we had to move.  Yes, we all posted threads about our builds, our struggles, and our successes.  Like much on this forum, words of encouragement and praise were the norm.  For a bunch of regular guys who build just for the sheer joy of building, we did pretty well. I for one would like to see the "group build" concept continue, even if only a few guys participate.

I am so looking forward to our first group build on our new home. I'm sure it will be open to any type of vehicle.

I was thinking of another possible idea - how about we find models by a specific, well-known, mainstream model kit manufacturer like Airfix, Revell, Monogram, Tamiya, or any other company and build a kit from them.  That way we could open up the  build to any type of kit they make, Including  ships, tanks, or cars.  Just a thought.

pmmaker

mikeindigokiloecho

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Thu May 25 2017, 13:29

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on a desert pink B-24 Liberator either in 1/48 or 1/72.
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Fri May 26 2017, 06:33

I could go desert scheme as well. I built my "pink" Lady be Good" B-24 already, but I've got a few other kits that I'd like to do in a desert scheme. A B-25 might be a good subject.

pmmaker

TomMarkert

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Sat May 27 2017, 11:42

I can do anything that you guys decide. No problem!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Tom

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Mon May 29 2017, 10:09

While I love desert schemed aircraft, I personally would prefer it if we went the manufacturer route. I'm sure we all have at least one Revell, Monogram, Airfix, Tamya or other mainstream manufacturer kit in our stashes. A manufacturer build would also open things up a bit as far as subject matter; i.e. planes, ships, armour, cars, or even space vehicles.

I'll go with whatever we all decide on as long as we don't start until June. Right now I'm up to my ears in things I've got to get done to wrap up this school year. Once June 16th hits, I'm free for 9 weeks until mid-August.

pmmaker

Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: I'm in    Mon May 29 2017, 16:06

I'd like to join as well. I'm on a contract job out of town at the moment but I expect it to end in a few weeks. If the build reveal date lasts into July as PMM suggests I'll jump in. Whatever the team selects is ok by me.

mikeindigokiloecho

PostSubject: Desert Scheme B-24 Confirmed   Mon Jun 19 2017, 10:47

Hi everyone, I am confirming a desert scheme 1/72 B-24D Liberator.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed   Tue Jun 20 2017, 07:08

Nothing's been decided as of now. I'm still toying with the "manufacturer" idea as a way to expand the pool of model subjects/types that guys can choose from.

A desert B-24 is always a great build. No matter what we decide to do Mike, I say stick to your plan. I for one would love to see your finished build.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com

Attention Group Build Participants! Ideas Needed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next