The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Wingnuts Eindecker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rumpler

PostSubject: Wingnuts Eindecker   Wed May 31 2017, 03:04

I have been unable to finish any kits for a while so I have been looking for a few photos from the old forum. This is a 1/32 Wingnuts Fokker Eindecker. From memory it went together well with the rigging the only problem. I have a book titled "Immelmann' written by his brother in circa. 1938 who was also a fighter pilot. My son paid $12 for it at a second hand book store but as noted some vandal had cut most of the photos out of it. No where in the book was the aircraft called anything but a Fokker, Eindecker never being mentioned. I have seen a statement on another forum that the story Immelmann shot himself down is false but his brother had no doubt he had definitely shot himself down and it was the second time in a few weeks. With the propeller blade unbalanced with part of it shot away the motor was pulled out of it mountings.

Back to top Go down
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Eindecker   Thu Jun 01 2017, 08:49

Looks good Rumpler, nice to see one in a scheme other than doped linen. As always your addition of figures and scenery really bring it to life and give a sense of scale. This is yet another kit I have in my stash, I'm beginning to wonder if I have too many... Wink

rumpler

PostSubject: Re: Wingnuts Eindecker   Fri Jun 02 2017, 02:34

Thanks Migrant, this is aircraft was a 1916 version used by the Austro - Hungarian Navy. The green was Tamiya Xf67 and the underneath was a mixture of colours giving a light blue. The aircraft was given a light coat of clear gloss for a semi-gloss finish. Wingnuts specify a semi-gloss for a lot of their German models. I stayed away from the usual German colours as I was unsure I could handle the burnished metal finish of the cowling.
Back to top Go down

Wingnuts Eindecker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1