The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hornchurch - Crocked-Up In Hospital (Ha !)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hornchurch - Crocked-Up In Hospital (Ha !)   Fri Jul 14 2017, 08:15

Kevin,

I just checked in and saw this thread.

WOW - you sure did a number on yourself. I hope your bike isn't too damaged either.

Make sure you listen to your doctors and give yourself the time to heal properly. You are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
martel69

PostSubject: Re: Hornchurch - Crocked-Up In Hospital (Ha !)   Sun Jul 16 2017, 09:19

Get well soon Kev Smile
Back to top Go down
Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: Re: Hornchurch - Crocked-Up In Hospital (Ha !)   Sun Jul 16 2017, 11:06

Wow, that's a lot of damage . I'm happy that it was not worse. Speedy recovery. I guess we will see you more on the forums while your laid up .

Hornchurch

Location : 8th Air Force region ~ Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk ~ >> EAST-ANGLIA, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: Hornchurch - Crocked-Up In Hospital (Ha !)   Mon Jul 24 2017, 22:54

'

To, John, Corey, Christian, Stew', Tom, Jim, Allan, Mart' & Ken...

(those 'well-wishers' above, who've joined this thread since my last visit..)

Guys ; Honestly, it's been an interminable AGE since I posted, last.

& Yet, guess what ? ~ I check back, only to find, IT's BEEN A MONTH !

Yes, only a mere month has elapsed since my last scribe here.
"Time goes FAST when you're having fun".

Yet the exact opposite is true in my case - MAN, IT's BEEN A REAL DRAG No No

Nothing, or, at least, not much has altered or changed !!!!!!!! (or so it seems)

Any increase in healing speed, seems in "micro-increments" ~ Painful & slow !

My initial estimate on "impact speed" was probably rather conservative...

In all honesty, it's probably nearer 45-50mph, than the 35-40mph i'd initially thought.
Ok, so it's only 10mph increase on impact with the road-surface, but it matters.

My smashed right-shoulder took the brunt ~ direct impact with metalled road surface.
( A.149 coastal highway )
Made worse by it's trajectory ~ More like an Artillery-shell, than a tank-shell.
Tank shell trajectory being low, shallow & fast.
Artillery shell trajectory being HIGH, lobbed, high-arc, rather like a Mortar-shell !

The damage is unreal, by direct comparison with what I actually did...
I remain convinced, as I lost the front on gravel, I've (prob') hit a drainage channel
( or at least, front-wheel has, hence the trajectory/angle I got "spat-off"bike )

Am STILL on 3 x different loads of Opiates ~ "OraMorph","Tramadol" & "ZoroMorph".
I go 'sparing' on the former (kidneys/liver), whilst the latter is STRONG slow-release.

Have "self-administered" these last few weeks & signed the release/retainer for Med's.
Others have expressed concerns, less I get 'addicted' to the Liquid-Morphine !
Despite these strong pain-killers, I'm still getting "pain-a-plenty" & it's getting me down.

Accident happened around 4.15pm on Friday, 26th May (Bank-Hol'-weekend)
Had open surgery (Steel-Screws & Plating), on the evening of 31st May.
Hospital staff "veered" me onto an NHS "Convalescent/Rehabilitation" option(al).
This meant, after a fortnight in Hospital, transfer to a 24hr Nursing-ward/Care-Home.

For the last TWO MONTHS, "Room.98" has been "My own Prison-Cell" Embarassed Embarassed

So, here we are, 25th July ~ Still unable to 'weight-bear', can't walk 4-5 steps to toilet.
Pi$$ in a bottle to relieve, Press Buzzer & wait for 2 x Nurses for a wheeled "comode"
(so unlike me, all this 'waited-on' & 'dependancy')

Combine that, with persistant-pain, cooped-up in four walls & very limited progress.
Enough to drain ANY sane man's morale !!!!!!!
My Apple i-Phone & "BLITZ" tank-game DID help deflect some pain & much boredom.
The Laptop I have (My Fujitsu-Siemens), is an absolute lifesaver & sanity-retainer.

Got a joyful & happy surprise vist from my beautiful Daughter, today santa

Immense swelling, esp' "Inner-Ankle" where the two 'screws' (Nee' BOLTS) are located
Physio's "bully" (or at least, attempt to, with an Alpha Dominant male).

I just "KNOW" my ankle isn't ready yet....
Complications & additional hassle of "shortened Achilles tendon" need to be addressed

Meantime, the warm-summer = Elapses ;; Lost behind glass...
I've missed-out "Berlin-Express", "Miss Velma" & "Union of South Africa" silent

http://vintageaviationecho.com/berlin-express/

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/news/union-of-south-africa-steams-through-royston-1-5097373

Talk about miss the rare ones...!!!!!!!!!
Anyhow..... after all's said & done.....

All your prayers & well-wishes ARE absorbed & taken to heart ~ IT's APPRECIATED !!!!!!

I trust that NEXT-TIME I sign-in & type, that I'll have better news to relate.... Arrow

Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Hornchurch - Crocked-Up In Hospital (Ha !)   Tue Jul 25 2017, 09:05

Hi Kev,

Yes, at our ages, major injuries are more serious than when we are young.  It is a looooonng, sloooow process.  You have to be patient (hard I know) and give your body time to heal.  And it does take time.  

I cut my finger at work about 16 years ago and it required stitches.  The surgeon who stitched me up told me that while my skin would heal in a couple of weeks and you'd never know I was hurt (other than a small scar), internally it would be two to two and a half years for my finger to totally heal.  Even today whenever it gets cold outside and I bang that finger on something, it starts to throb and really hurt.  So as much as we wish our bodies would just get on with it, it takes as long as it takes to heal.

Just keep your spirits up, know we are rooting for you, and please just drop us a line whenever you can.

Best wishes and prayers,

pmmaker

Epap2

PostSubject: Re: Hornchurch - Crocked-Up In Hospital (Ha !)   Tue Jul 25 2017, 15:46

I just stumbled upon this, Kev, and am very sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope that everything turns out well and I'm sure that it will. I spent a good bit of time in a hospital about five years ago and once you figure out their "system"---like getting or not getting decent food-----it's usually beatable. It sounds like you are winning this battle. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Hornchurch

Location : 8th Air Force region ~ Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk ~ >> EAST-ANGLIA, ENGLAND

PostSubject: Re: Hornchurch - Crocked-Up In Hospital (Ha !)   Wed Jul 26 2017, 18:20

Epap2 wrote:

I just stumbled upon this, Kev, and am very sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope that everything turns out well and I'm sure that it will. I spent a good bit of time in a hospital about five years ago and once you figure out their "system"---like getting or not getting decent food-----it's usually beatable. It sounds like you are winning this battle.

Best of luck.

Thanks Ed..... thanks for the kind & encouraging messages guys !

Funny enough Ed, you are THE first one to 'touch' upon Hospital food.

The main Q.E.2 Hospital building food is 'Luxurious' (no kidding, it is !!!!!!)

It's SUPERIOR to many restaruants I've visited over the last 30 years.

Alas, I'm not there, but in an NHS 'leased' Care-Home for Rehab' & Convalescence.
By agreeing to, I'm STILL getting 24hr 'Nursing Care' ward, but "freeing-up" a bed.
(this latter, for new 'dire' emergency newcomers//encumbents).

At Amberly-Hall Ward, the food is a mix, sometimes 'Ghastly'.

As it's VERY 'hit n miss' at best, I've resorted to Dad "smuggling" stuff in jocolor

Clandestine 'tuck' includes "Jaffa Cakes", "Jacobs crackers" "Low-fat Cheese-slices"
(not to mention the rather delicious "Cherry Coca Cola Zero" in distinct Black wraps)

Couldn't survive without it !!!!!!!!!!!!! ~ (too many custard puddings served here)

Just wish the new "Physiotherapy Assault" was even tolerable, as the pain is SO intense

I literally DO "dread their arrival" ~ The metal-work feels SO Alien INSIDE the Ankle Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
PBRStreetgang

PostSubject: Re: Hornchurch - Crocked-Up In Hospital (Ha !)   Mon Jul 31 2017, 10:15

Hornchurch wrote:
'

Am STILL on 3 x different loads of Opiates ~ "OraMorph","Tramadol" & "ZoroMorph".
I go 'sparing' on the former (kidneys/liver), whilst the latter is STRONG slow-release.

Have "self-administered" these last few weeks & signed the release/retainer for Med's.
Others have expressed concerns, less I get 'addicted' to the Liquid-Morphine !
Despite these strong pain-killers, I'm still getting "pain-a-plenty" & it's getting me down.

That's a lot of Opiods Geezer.

I am not suggesting that these are not needed but take every chance to find alternatives mate. The sooner the better.

Lots of fibre and as soon as  you can get up and moving about to aid gastro-intestinal track void the bowel as comfortably as you can.

The human body is funny Geezer. Opiods are a great pain killer, but thay have this knack into fooling the body and mind that they are the only way to relieve pain. They are not and the sooner you move on the better,...even while your tolerance grows and the amounts required continue to climb.
But you have to be pro-active. Hospitals are poo,...and if you moan about pain, they will take the easy route and just give you the pill or the needle.

Alas, its not easy. And if you are hooked (not hooked like a heroin addict) then you have about 2-3 days of misery ahead of you. Get passed that,...and the pain will miraculously be eased.

Try other pain relievers (non-opioids), hot packs, mobility and exercise.

Stay well geezer.
Back to top Go down

Hornchurch - Crocked-Up In Hospital (Ha !)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2