The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ACpilot

PostSubject: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Wed Jun 21 2017, 19:44

Corgi Aviation Archive
AA33316
USAAF Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress 42-9780 'Little Miss Mischief'
324th BS, 91st BG
1/72 Scale

October 2017 Release

Dan
Wink

EDIT: New photo added without Photobucket

Last edited by ACpilot on Thu Jul 06 2017, 13:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Thu Jun 22 2017, 00:16

That looks nice. I wonder what the MSRP on it will be?
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Thu Jun 22 2017, 14:21

Propwash wrote:
That looks nice. I wonder what the MSRP on it will be?

According to an email of their catalog I just received from Corgi, this one will go for $164 U.S. About $40 - $50 more than a comparable AF1 model, but without the multitude of errors and whole lot more resale potential. It is slated for release in December - and we all know how good Corgi is at hitting those release dates.

I'm still not sure if I will get this one. I have a kit waiting in my stash pile and an excellently rendered "Kits World" decal sheet to make Little Miss Mischief. I'm not sure if spending $165 is the most economical / wise way for me personally to go.

pmmaker

mikey

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Thu Jun 22 2017, 16:38

pre ordered today
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Mon Jun 26 2017, 13:03

After a lot of thought and posting back and forth on the Model Hangar III forum, I decided to forego the plastic kit route and I pre-ordered this one for Corgi USA. $164.99 with free ground shipping isn't that bad a deal. They list it as being released in September so we'll see if they make it. I've got time to save up for it. Now where to put it? pondering no big deal frustrated

pmmaker

11sqnldr

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Tue Jun 27 2017, 08:28

pmmaker wrote:
After a lot of thought and posting back and forth on the Model Hangar III forum, I decided to forego the plastic kit route and I pre-ordered this one for Corgi USA.  $164.99 with free ground shipping isn't that bad a deal.  They list it as being released in September so we'll see if they make it.  I've got time to save up for it.  Now where to put it?  pondering no big deal frustrated

pmmaker

Good move mate - you and me both and I have a feeling we both won't regret having this one in our hangars..... Cool
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Thu Jun 29 2017, 07:39

I told my wife I pre-ordered this one. Of course, she wasn't thrilled. "Why do you need another B-17?" she asked. I then showed her my Squadron/Signal B-17 In Action book by Don Greer and she was very interested in the story of this particular aircraft. She couldn't believe the pictures of the plane's interior and how much damage was inflicted on it. "How did that plane even get back?" When I explained how the entire fuselage was replaced by one from an earlier plane and that's why the colors are different, she was impressed. Now she knows why I love the B-17 so much and I try to get as many as I can.

So now my biggest hurdle is overcome. All I need to do now is wait for this model to be released and show up at my door.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
PBRStreetgang

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Tue Jul 04 2017, 05:26

One of the things I have noted about this release is the large amount of oldish collectors who have, generally moved on from the Hobby to, not only suggest this model will join their hanger,....but are going to pre-order it. Lads who have not pre-ordered for years are pre-ordering this release.

It says much about the release, but it says more about how Corgi have picked their schemes for release in the past half decade or so.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Tue Jul 04 2017, 09:04

Choosing popular schemes that sell isn't rocket science Christian. Make something your customers want or need and they will buy it.

For too long Corgi has relied on people who are either "completely" out of touch with what most of the hobby trade wants or people who have their own agenda and will only push for models and subjects that interest just them. At some point, Corgi should actually listen to the people who buy their products. That Corgi's sales have plummeted means their customers have spoken. That it's taken them this long to actually hear us, not to mention actually listen, is mind-boggling.

This B-17 is one I have long wanted. I was going to get this one in my collection by building a kit, but I really prefer to go the Corgi route. Seeing how our only alternative in die-cast is the Air Force 1 fiasco, I definitely won't be finding too much to complain about with Corgi's offering. I'm glad I pre-ordered it and look forward to adding it to my collection.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
Propwash

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Thu Jul 06 2017, 00:17

Well I did something out of the ordinary for me. I placed a pre-order for this model as well. At a time I am seriously reducing my collection, I found I had to have this one (not due to pack mentality, just because it looked so cool and different than what I have in my collection). It will now be the most expensive die cast model I have ever purchased. I hope it lives up to its potential.
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Thu Jul 06 2017, 14:47

I don't think it's a bad move Propwash.  Corgi B-17 models historically not only hold their value, but as they are produced in limited numbers, their value tends to increase.  The quality has been fairly consistent over the years even though the mold is rather dated.  Even if you don't like the model, you can always wait a while and then once these are sold out at the retail level, sell it off on eBay.  I have 5 Corgi B-17 models in my collection already and I am looking forward to adding the 6th.

I really like the newest artwork for this one:

pmmaker

PBRStreetgang

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Thu Jul 06 2017, 23:18

Admin wrote:
Choosing popular schemes that sell isn't rocket science Christian.  Make something your customers want or need and they will buy it.

For too long Corgi has relied on people who are either "completely" out of touch with what most of the hobby trade wants or people who have their own agenda and will only push for models and subjects that interest just them.  At some point, Corgi should actually listen to the people who buy their products.  That Corgi's sales have plummeted means their customers have spoken.  That it's taken them this long to actually hear us, not to mention actually listen, is mind-boggling.

This B-17 is one I have long wanted.  I was going to get this one in my collection by building a kit, but I really prefer to go the Corgi route.  Seeing how our only alternative in die-cast is the Air Force 1 fiasco, I definitely won't be finding too much to complain about with Corgi's offering.  I'm glad I pre-ordered it and look forward to adding it to my collection.

Allan

Been saying exactly the same thing for a number of years when it comes to Corgi and the wastage of some of their toolings. The Pooch F86, is in my view, the most wasted tooling in the history of the Hobby. Corgi released a bunch of them,...none of the were named Mconnell, Jabara, Fernandez or Davis. Add the Canberra, B17 and to a lessor extent the B24 and B25.

When it comes to the international market particularly US collectors Corgi has shown an particular ineptness that is hard to rational. Other than the UK only focus in the past few years, which is bizarre when you consider what other manufacturers have done and the wonderful tooling bank that Corgi has all to themselves.

Its one of the Hobby's great mysteries,...that and the Mossie warehouse fire. Laughing
Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG   Fri Jul 07 2017, 07:36

If Corgi were to go away, you could point to poor scheme selections and wasted opportunities as the cause. There are so many sure fire schemes they could do easily and don't. They have the castings. All they have to do is select the schemes.

I agree - the Canberra needs to be done in other schemes including the B-57. The B-25 in various variants and schemes would sell. If they did as many B-17s as they did Halifaxes and Lancasters, think about how many profits they lost out on.

pmmaker

FUTURE RELEASE: Corgi AA33316 USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress "Little Miss Mischief", 324th BS, 91st BG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1