The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

PM 1/72 Lippisch P.3a

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Migrant

PostSubject: PM 1/72 Lippisch P.3a   Tue Jul 11 2017, 23:33

This was built in a 24-hour time period for an online build challenge. The kit itself was quite basic – 11 parts in total including the handling trolley! – and quite rough. Pebbly plastic, soft pale lines and an awful canopy, so much of the time was spent polishing the styrene, re-scribing the (few) panel lines and thinning trailing edges. The wood grain effect was achieved by brush-painting acrylics with a coarse brush, then sealing with Tamiya Clear Orange. A new canopy was made from clear packing tape.

In reality only a glider prototype flew, perhaps just as well: the powered version was intended to use coal as a fuel.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: PM 1/72 Lippisch P.3a   Wed Jul 12 2017, 08:30

The model is just so fantastic! Good stuff The plane itself is just plain weird! :weird4

What an unusual piece to find, build, and display. The wood grain is excellently done. I need to build a few WWI planes with wood grain and I never thought about using Tamiya's clear orange - I'll have to try that trick. Thanks Migrant!

I'm sure the model is tiny, but I'd like to know dimensions.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
Migrant

PostSubject: Re: PM 1/72 Lippisch P.3a   Wed Jul 12 2017, 11:03

Thanks Allan. The plane itself is 9cm long with an 8cm wingspan. The manufacturer, PM, is no longer in business so if you see one of these on eBay or whatever, I'd suggest snapping one up...

PM 1/72 Lippisch P.3a
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Model Aircraft Collector Forum :: Plastic Kits & Builds :: Miscellaneous Kit Manufacturers-
Jump to: