The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

REVIEW: Hobby Master HA3304 Northrop F-5E Tiger II, Paris Air Show 1973

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ACpilot

PostSubject: REVIEW: Hobby Master HA3304 Northrop F-5E Tiger II, Paris Air Show 1973   Sat Jul 15 2017, 15:09

Hobby Master 1/72 Air Power Series
HA3304
Northrop F-5E Tiger II
Paris Air Show 1973
"Le Bourget 65"
Limited 1,200 Units

While this aircraft did appear at the 1973 Paris Air Show and was flown by the legendary Northrop Test Pilot Hank Chouteau the markings are not completely correct for that appearance (note the size of the "F-5E" stencil on the nose). The markings are accurate for this aircraft - just not for the Paris '73 appearance (see photo below of this exact aircraft at a different time period with the smaller "F-5E" stencil). There was also a lot of criticism of the silver paint by collectors when the first photos began to appear. However, these pictures were taken with a flash camera and over emphasized the glitter in the paint. The actual paint colour is acceptable in my opinion. I have chosen to display my model with "dumb" bombs even though LGBs are included (The F-5E did not have a laser designator and as a result did not carry LGBs usually.) This was also the first F-5E issued by Hobby Master with an open canopy option. All in all I like this model a great deal. Not inaccurate in my opinion - just the wrong time period as claimed on the box.

Dan
Wink

Back to top Go down

REVIEW: Hobby Master HA3304 Northrop F-5E Tiger II, Paris Air Show 1973
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1