The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Group Build Mission 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Group Build Mission 7   Mon Jul 17 2017, 07:15

ATTENTION Kit Builders!  Mission 7 is assigned.  For this mission we will make it easy for all - a free build.

Subject: Your choice of topic.  That includes plain, trains, cars, tanks, and ships.  Anything that interests you and you've been itching to build will be allowed.  No time periods either - you are free to build anything.

Build duration:  We have the entire month of August so you can build as fast or slowly as you wish.  It would be nice to have the entire build done by Labor Day.

Threads: You can do a progress thread where you share your progress, a documented build thread where you document your build step-by-step, or you can just reveal your completed build when you finish it. You can reveal your model anytime you finish it.

At the end of the build, I will create a summary thread to highlight all our models.

So I hope you enjoy yourselves and have fun building your kits.

Allan

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://tmacf.forumotion.com
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Group Build Mission 7   Mon Jul 17 2017, 07:57

I recently bought two Hasegawa 1/72nd scale P-47D Razorback Thunderbolt kits.  I was going to work on them on and off in August anyways so doing them as my group build project seems like a no-brainer.

I'm not sure if I'll build them simultaneously or in sequence.  I'll be doing a "in progress" thread rather than a documented build.  If all goes well and according to plan, I should be done with both by Labor Day.

pmmaker

Kyushu J7W

PostSubject: Re: Group Build Mission 7   Mon Jul 17 2017, 17:38

I haven't built anything in while. I suppose I will pick the biggest PIA kit in my collection and let people take guesses as we go along. Smile

Since I've been back on line I noticed photo bucket now says they want $$$ for any pics posted to third party site like our forum, so none of my pics show up now..... Sad

pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Group Build Mission 7   Tue Jul 18 2017, 09:12

Kyushu J7W wrote:
I haven't built anything in  while.   I suppose I will pick the biggest PIA kit in my collection and let people take guesses as we go along. Smile

Since I've been back on line  I noticed photo bucket now says they want $$$ for any pics posted to  third party site like our forum, so none of my pics show up now..... Sad  

Photobucket sucks!!! I went back and copied all the images I had stored there back onto my laptop's hard drive. If my pictures get lost, I'll go back and repost them.

As of right now, I'm using this forum's photo-hosting for my pictures. It's free. It's easy. And most important of all - it's permanent.

pmmaker

Migrant

PostSubject: Re: Group Build Mission 7   Tue Jul 18 2017, 10:24

Kyushu J7W wrote:
I haven't built anything in  while.   I suppose I will pick the biggest PIA kit in my collection and let people take guesses as we go along. Smile

Since I've been back on line  I noticed photo bucket now says they want $$$ for any pics posted to  third party site like our forum, so none of my pics show up now..... Sad  

I read on another forum that if you go to edit your existing posts and paste ~original after the .jpg and before the [/img tag, your pics will show up. I just tried it, and it works (for now anyway).

PostSubject: Re: Group Build Mission 7   Tue Jul 18 2017, 20:10

Migrant wrote:
Kyushu J7W wrote:

I read on another forum that if you go to edit your existing posts and paste ~original after the .jpg and before the [/img tag, your pics will show up. I just tried it, and it works (for now anyway).

I tried it on 2 of my MArushin review posts and it does indeed work. i will try to copy from thee posts to this forums pic service.

mikeindigokiloecho

PostSubject: Re: Group Build Mission 7   Tue Aug 01 2017, 18:44

I 've started my Academy 1/72 B-24 Liberator.  Since we're not going with desert schemes, i may go with a Dark Green scheme.  Not a fan of formation ships....     Many to choose from... Plenty of time to decide

Back to top Go down
pmmaker

PostSubject: Re: Group Build Mission 7   Wed Aug 02 2017, 15:55

If you want to go "desert" scheme, go for it! I used this same kit to do my "Lady Be Good" tribute build a while back. It's a rather nice kit with lots of details. Have fun Mike! Can't wait to see the finished product.

pmmaker

Group Build Mission 7
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1