The Model Aircraft Collector Forum

A friendly forum for hobbyists and collectors of die-cast and plastic kit aircraft replica models.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AF1 P-51D Mustang "Old Crow"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pmmaker

PostSubject: AF1 P-51D Mustang "Old Crow"   Wed Jul 19 2017, 08:05

Another die-cast offering from Air Force 1.  Photos are from Pete's website for your inspection.

The canopy is off in shape and the front windscreen is a figment of AF1's imagination.  And there's quite a gap where the spinner meets the fuselage. Definitely a "lower" price point model not intended for those who buy high-end quality / accurate die-cast models.

Will it sell? Probably.  There are a lot of price sensitive collectors out there who will buy lesser quality models and not really care what it is they paid for because they really don't know any better or they just aren't concerned about accuracy.  On the bright side, AF1 did do a very nice job with the paint scheme and the printed markings.  It also looks like they've got gap control going pretty well - not bad for a $25.00 model.

But does that make it right and a sought after model for a serious collector? Highly unlikely.  In fact, I'd lump it in the same bin as the early Corgi P-51D model - I have it because there was nothing else available.

pmmaker

AF1 P-51D Mustang "Old Crow"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1